Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation expired hotdogs (july 31st 2011)!!! D:

My grandma just made a dish using potatos eggs and hotdog so i went through the fridge to check how old tthey were. The only package i found was dated "use/freeze by JULY 31st 2011" i threw out the bowl i had but i had already eaten some. The last ones in the package looked okay-ish put kinda pale (although it might just be the brand) and they didn't smell really funky. Will i be sick?? D: i was doing really good about my anxieties up until now..
    Last edited by ForeverrCaitlin; 11-09-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Default Re: expired hotdogs (july 31st 2011)!!! D:

They were cooked thoroughly right? So then they are most likely fine. I wouldn't RECOMMEND eating expired hot dogs, but they are soaked in preservatives and then if they were cooked thoroughly any bacteria would have been killed. I wouldn't worry
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yes they were cooked, phew thats a relief lol thanks for replying ^^

Where had they been? If they were in the freezer since before July 31, then they are perfectly fine. If they had been in an unopened package in the refrigerator and just got opened today, then they are at least borderline fine. Where I would worry is if the package had been open since before July 31. No matter what the expiration date is, once you open a package of meat, you want to use it within seven days. If the remaining ones looked OK and smelled OK, then you are probably all right. Most of the time it takes something pretty bad to make people sick.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hot dogs are mostly salt and preservatives anyways. Especially if they hadn't been opened yet they're probably fine. I ate very expired hot dogs once without thinking (opened for a little over a month) and it gave me a little tummy ache, that's all. I've always kept hot dogs in my fridge for a LONG time without thought and it's never been an issue.

Now that im not sure of, i think they were already opened since there was only two left in the package. They might've been in the back of our fridge, and most things that are in the back tend to freeze lol. So far i feel fine (i just woke up) and its been about 22 hours(i ate at 5pm and its now about 10am) since i ate some and it was only like 5 bites and only 3 hotdog pieces. I know theres some fp that takes longer than 4-8hrs, hopefully im in the clear! :/

-edit-
    maybe im just worrying too much since i saw the date? I know ive had months old ketchup (in fact im probably using it right now lol) and sometimes when i would come home from school and my grandma would make things like the 'hotdog dish' and i'd eat it no questions. One day she was cooking something with pork and while she was cooking i went over and it smelled like hard boiled eggs and i was shocked it was really pork! I did wind up eating it though, i figured she makes this all the time and i eat it so its not going to kill me.
    Also, now that i think of it our fridge is really dirty (things have spilled and not been properly cleaned up) but i think it's a cultural thing. Im mexican and when i go to my friend's houses things are much much diritier than ours, so maybe were just kinda neat-freaks lol. So maybe i shouldnt worry so much, its been going on for about 8 years and ive never had fp, ive only made myself sick by eating too much/or chocolate.
    Last edited by ForeverrCaitlin; 11-10-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: trying to think rationally

You're totally fine. Hot dogs are honestly mostly preservatives. Something like chicken I would be worried about, but not hot dogs. Obviously try not to eat them after they're opened, but hot dogs are one of those things i don't really worry about.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Don't be too worried. As others have said, hotdogs are pretty much preservatives. I wouldn't count on much meat being in them! Hope you are fine. Let me know if your still very scared. x