Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sick or not?

Default sick or not?

Here I go again. I woke up this morning at 7:30 and realized i had a stomach ache. GREAT! So i laid back down for a little while and felt a bit better as the day went on. I made breakfast for my youngest and then made myself a cup of ginger tea. I felt OK at this point. Then I made him some lunch and i had half of a sandwich with him. That went ok and for the rest of the day i nibbled here and there on things. So tonight I thought i would be ok and would be able to eat something. Being that I have all boys, they decided that since mom wasnt feeling well and probably wouldnt eat, they ordered pizza. When it got here i tried a small slice, that went ok, so i had another about half an hour ago and in the middle of it decided it was a bad idea and gave the rest to my dog. Why do i feel nauseated now? Do i have an SV and its just taking its time to really hit me? I am not panicking yet but i am sure its not far off. I am going to try to take a bath which usually helps me. If it gets any worse i am sure i am going to panic. UUUGGGGGHHHHH! I am SO stinkin sick of feeling ick!

Default Re: sick or not?

Even though you aren't panicking yet, I think it's probably just anxiety making you feel sick. It sometimes makes me feel off all day, so that could be what's wrong.

I hope thats all it is. I know that this emet is making it hard for me to distinguish between real nausea and anxiety nausea. I dont feel anxious right now though. I am not in a panic yet. I do remember that right before i woke up i had a dream that my grandpa died...he is 90! and I love him SOOOOO much, I am moving to Japan in July to be with him. I wonder if that dream gave me enough anxiety to make my stomach upset. Or i wonder if just the fact that i woke up suddenly made me think i was sick or something, I am always afraid that I will wake up with a SV.

Yeah, if i wake up randomly I always get nervous. That's probably what it was! And that was an unsettling dream, too! But relax, your grandpa will be fine, and when July comes you'll have a great time being with him. i think that's really nice that you are going so far away for him.

I think it's panic. You didn't feel sick until you felt unsure about the second slice, right? I do that all the time, and I make myself sick with uncertainty and worry. You are fine!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I think it is anxiety...if you ate too close to bed or too early you may have woken up with hunger stomach ache? I get like that and once I eat I am ok...take a nice hot bath have some tea eat something lightand healthy. I am sure you will be just fine.

Thanks everyone! Yes i made it through the night and felt good this morning. I did take the hot bath and had some ginger tea.
    I am so glad to have this site and all its wonderful caring members. Only you all understand what I am going through. My husband thinks i am nuts...lol I guess i am in a way!