Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really discouraged :(

Sorry I have been posting so frequently guys. I just cannot help it Anyways, I have been on Zoloft for about four weeks now--give or take a few days. The first few weeks I was on 25mg and felt pretty good then I was feeling anxious/panicky again, so the dosage was upped to 50mg. I was told to take 50mg for two weeks then bump it up to 75mg. Last night was my first night since I upped the dosage again. Tonight was the second night and I am feeling kind of nauseated. I do not know if it is because of the dosage increase or the fact that my period is really heavy this month. UGH It's not just feeling ill though...

The past two weeks, I have not cried AT ALL. It may not seem like a huge deal, but I usually would cry pretty damn often. I felt like a wuss because I'd honestly cry at the drop of a hat. Well anyways, yeah, I hadn't cried at all. Then yesterday I had such a shit day at class, I skipped my World Civ class and SOC class. I now feel my grades are suffering again. My dad told me yesterday how proud he was of me and he was so happy to see me doing well. WTF Yesterday, I felt angry and fed up. I felt teary eyed the whole way home. When I arrived home, I just fell asleep on the couch until dinner. I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to sleep. Earlier in the day, I was talking to my boyfriend and told him I was so happy because I hadn't been starting any fights for a long while.

He agreed he was ecstatic with my improvement. THEN of course, later that fucking night, I was pissed off and so we started fighting I feel HORRIBLE. He was extremely understanding and compassionate. He has been such a sweetheart to me today, but I feel I do not deserve it. Like, I honestly felt like I was making SO much progress. Now I feel like all it is ruined and I am back at square one. I always fuck things up I do not know what to do really. I am going to keep taking the Zoloft. I just do not know if it's helping Sorry, I guess this is more of a rant than anything else. I'm just really upset.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-11-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: Really discouraged :(

I'm like bawling my eyes out right now I feel so anxious! what the fuck is wrong with me?! I hate this.

Okay, well since this has turned into a pathetic one sided conversation with myself, I will just add to the lameness of this thread. Anywho, my boyfriend came over after work and we had a wonderful night. He always helps me forget about my anxiety. However, shortly after I took my Zoloft, I was feeling super anxious and shaky. My heart was going a mile a minute and it felt like my skin was on fire which left me feeling really nauseated. I worked myself up even more and was freaking out and convinced I was burning the eff up, but my bf told me I felt really cool. Weird. Whatever. I am sure it was just anxiety--or I am just a freak of nature, but most likely the latter. Hoping I get a good nights sleep tonight.

hope you're getting some rest.....is it time for your period by chance? i know that hormones can rage sometimes and cause all of the syptoms you've described.

i'm on prozac and it does mess with my ability to cry......i used to cry all the time.....now i hardly ever do and when i do it's usually over something strange....

the increase in zoloft could also be causing the symptoms so they should subside in a few days i would think.
    glad that your boyfriend understands.....that's important.

don't let the bad days get you discouraged....push on through.....put on a happy face
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you I am actually just reaching the end of my period. Thank goodness! ahaha It's been quite an unpleasant one this month!

Sorry you are going through that. I know I get these feelings at times and sometimes they get so overwhelming I don't know what to do.

So sorry for what you went or are still going through. Not only do we suffer from emet but we are also women:-). Hang in there friend. The universe will unfold as it should. And I am here to support you the best I can. Just don't beat yourself up. Good vibes your way.

Thank you for the kind words kasey! Much appreciated! I hope all is well with you.