Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help please, really anxious

My boyfriend and I obviously kiss and sleep together. Well he got sick with some stomach bug. I last kissed him Friday morning and he got sick Saturday late morning. Am I going to get sick? So anxious, having bad panic attacks and can't eat! help please!

Default Re: Help please, really anxious

He's only contagious after he starts showing symptoms so if you kissed him Friday and he didn't get sick til Saturday, you're fine!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Thanks. Sounds so dumb, but he handed me a few pieces of sushi with his chopsticks thursday night? I am so anxiety, this is killing me.

Actually, you can be contagious before actually showing symptoms. I am not trying to scare you, but the good news is you cannot get it through kissing him unless he vomited before you guys kissed, which was not the case. The only other way was if he went number 2 and did not wash his hands and you touched your mouth. If he has good hygiene, I think you will be just fine!