Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Boss came to work sick :/

My boss has been sick since Saturday with v* and d*. She came to work this morning (monday) then went home sick again. This was way before I got to work. However I work in a bakery and being a total idiot I ate some of the food today. Now I am totally freaking out! Argh! I've been doing so well too. I haven't been on here since July 2010. Now I have such bad anxiety again just from today.

Default Re: Boss came to work sick :/

My boss just did this last week! He went home sick on tuesday when i wasnt there then returned to work wednesday still sick but stayed all day! I work in a kitchen!!! So far though, no one has caught what he had. So, as long as you wash your hands you will be ok! And if you all work in a bakery I'm sure everyone, including your boss, washes their hands before touching the final product so you should be fine!
    Everyone needs someone who understands!

This makes me sooo angry!!

You both work with food, your bosses have no business being there! 50% of noro cases start with food...this is why!!

I used to be a waitress and my bosses would give the workers a hard time about leaving or calling off sick...even if they were v*ing!

It's absolutely outrageous

WOW! First off I will say it is absolutely disgusting they came to work sick...I agree that is how the virus is spread so fast because if someone is that "ignorant" to come to work sick they usually are not the best hand washers either. I watched something on TV that said if employers were more lenient on sick days and provided sick time pay our society woulnd't be as sick as they are. But it is also common sense...personally I know this sounds HORRIBLE but I wuld make a anonymous call to the health district...it's not just you that could get sick think of all the people who could also...

I would sooo make an anonymous call!! That's a brilliant idea. It's just so frustrating, if people were more careful, and if everyone washed their hands like they should, us emets could have a worry free holiday season.

I work in food and it happens far too often. Does your boss handle the food?
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

That is just another reason I don't eat out! It's sad you just can't trust people now a days!

Quote Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
    I work in food and it happens far too often. Does your boss handle the food?
    Yep. Unfortunately she's the one who puts it all on display in the mornings. I'm not sure if she did yesterday morning or if her husband did and she just served customers or maybe they both did it. I'm just hoping to god that don't get sick

I am actually quite angry too. She came to work today because she felt better but your still contagious for a week after!!! I didn't eat any today though. Just hoping my mistake yesterday doesn't result in anything. I feel a bit ill at the moment but I'm hoping it's just in my head (which it quite often was when my emetophobia was bad).

I don't work in a restaurant. I work at a place that houses mentally disabled people. Most of whom have really bad immune systems which makes people coming to work sick even worse. Yes, i'm guilty of going to work while sick with fevers and stuff like that but I wash my hands every two seconds. I wash so much that my co workers are always laughing at me! lol But I never go to work if I have a tummy bug! And i push people out the door when I know they have one. Even though I'm not technically the boss (im the assistant) but im nott aking any chances! haha
    Everyone needs someone who understands!

I hate people. LOL

So annoying! my boss (also at a restaurant) has had the stomach bug since late friday night. She called out on Saturday but came to work feeling slightly better sunday and then yesterday I worked with her and she tried to eat a little bit and was sick from it a few minutes later. Also the hostess was sick with the stomach bug and she worked yesterday too. I saw her rub her face and then roll clean silverware. Ugh. I washed my hands a hundred times...

Quote Originally Posted by EmR View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately she's the one who puts it all on display in the mornings. I'm not sure if she did yesterday morning or if her husband did and she just served customers or maybe they both did it. I'm just hoping to god that don't get sick

I am actually quite angry too. She came to work today because she felt better but your still contagious for a week after!!! I didn't eat any today though. Just hoping my mistake yesterday doesn't result in anything. I feel a bit ill at the moment but I'm hoping it's just in my head (which it quite often was when my emetophobia was bad).
    She should have at least been smart enough to know not to handle any food. People don't think!

I think you will be ok. Stay positive!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

OMG...are all these people insanely stupid for coming to for coming to work sick to a restaurant or bakery of all places??? Seriously...this is why sv's happen. Dumb a$$es like that.*sigh* are any of these places you mentioned in PA?? I despise when sick people do this. Why????
    Thud

OMG...are all these people insanely stupid for coming to work sick to a restaurant or bakery of all places??? Seriously...this is why sv's happen. Dumb a$$es like that.*sigh* are any of these places you mentioned in PA?? I despise when sick people do this. Why????
    Id report it to somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2005 View Post
    OMG...are all these people insanely stupid for coming to work sick to a restaurant or bakery of all places??? Seriously...this is why sv's happen. Dumb a$$es like that.*sigh* are any of these places you mentioned in PA?? I despise when sick people do this. Why????
    Id report it to somebody.
    I assume PA is an American state. I live in South Australia so you're probably safe

I felt OK all yesterday but I've had stomach cramps this morning and now I'm feeling a bit off. Hopefully it's nothing though!

If she came to work ill and works around food she should be fired. Thats a serious health dept violation.

I never eat out. My family doesn't understand. But. This is why. People are gross. Just have some damn proper hygeine and respect for others. Pisses me off to no end.

Well today I was OK because I figured a week had passed and the danger was gone. But I went to work and one of my coworkers said she had d* all morning and she started to feel ill towards the end of her shift. I must say here that I don't blame her at all for coming into work because last time she took a day off our boss yelled at her then ignored her for the next 3 days. Anyway I was feeling a bit anxious but nothing too bad until when we were driving home Mum was like 'It's highly likely that you'll get sick' and she said it numeorus times until I yelled at her that I wasn't going to get sick. But the damage is done now anyway. I had a full on panick attack - the first in over a year and I could only bring myself to eat half of a bowl of soup for dinner. So the dramas go on...