Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation In a couple hours...

I have to go to the doctors. I am totally freaking out and feel n* ,sick. I know it's in my head...and here goes my dad with his usually negative responses. He is driving me crazy! I want to die. He doesn't help @ all! Its like a positive and a quick negative! Just to put me in the same hole as my dead mother....I have agoraphobia and panic disorder I am afraid of leaving the house. I was doing well until he starts talking to me like its no big deal. I just want to die..Im too old and I just want to die if I can't deal anymore
    Please help
    thanks

Default Re: In a couple hours...

My mom gets all negative on me like that too! and I'm almost 40 years old! She ticks me off SO bad. I have just learned to tell her to stuff it. I listen to her about almost everything else... just this ...nah I won't negotiate. I has taken me picking her brain to find her fears though then I reverse the situation on her... She is terrified of poop! not her own but anyon or anything elses. We now have 2 inside toy poodles that she has to keep while I'm at work. She had to help housebreak them and you know puppies, they do tend to have LOADS of accidents. Now when I have a panick attack I remind her of her fear... she usually stops with the nasty comments and remarks..
    I hope you are ok and that it isn't anything really wrong. Just remember, There are others that go through what you go through..

You should never say you want to die. You only have ONE chance at life. I know emetophobia makes even the most mundane tasks seem impossible, but you must pick yourself up and move forward. Life goes on. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know it may seem like things are never going to get better, but they WILL. You have to believe they will. I do understand what it is like to have negative Nancy's as parents. It does suck, but you have to show them you can beat this. You WILL beat this. If you ever need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to pm me. I have been in your shoes before and I would like to help. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    You should never say you want to die. You only have ONE chance at life. I know emetophobia makes even the most mundane tasks seem impossible, but you must pick yourself up and move forward. Life goes on. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know it may seem like things are never going to get better, but they WILL. You have to believe they will. I do understand what it is like to have negative Nancy's as parents. It does suck, but you have to show them you can beat this. You WILL beat this. If you ever need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to pm me. I have been in your shoes before and I would like to help. Take care!

i agree and i highly suggest if you are having thoughts of death or suicide to seek help asap. no fear is worth doing that.

I agree with fixxxer. If you are sincerely contemplating suicide, you should seek immediate professional help. For the sake of your life. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I agree with fixxxer. If you are sincerely contemplating suicide, you should seek immediate professional help. For the sake of your life. Take care of yourself.

i say this because my wife is bipolar so i know what it can be like to be depressed. ive seen a few posts like this over the past year and it's very scary to read. none of us really know how to handle a suicidal person on this forum. i beg and plead the OP to seek help or call a crisis hotline. i hate having this fear but i value my life and family too much to end it.

I agree completely. I was institutionalized for five days after an 'attempt' my senior year of high school. Surprisingly enough, it was not related to this phobia, but point being it really helped me out and I encourage it for those who are seeking immediate help. It is not as scary as it's portrayed in the movies. Trust me. Not even a little bit. I was scared, but only because I did not know what to expect. However, everyone was very very compassionate and they only wanted to help the people in need of it. It truly did help me out a lot. Just something to consider.

i don't come on much but id love to see more moderators on here. again it could come in useful someday if we get a member who needs immediate help.