Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Let's all just take a moment...

...to think about life.
    Someone died from my hometown today. She moved to another state, but she went to school here. I graduated with this girl's older sister so I knew of her even though I didn't know her personally. My whole town is pretty shaken up about it. She was just seventeen years old and she had her whole life ahead of her. She died in an automobile accident. Even though I did not know her personally, it is still affecting me greatly. Like...people can die at any time. Life can be taken away so abruptly, it will leave everyone else around you breathless. It was much too soon for this life to be lost. It makes me really think about my life and how lucky I am to have the life that I have. I want you all just take a moment and think about your life and what YOU have to be grateful for. Don't hesitate. I know emetophobia fucking sucks sometimes, but really think about all you have to be thankful for. We are so lucky to be alive. For those of you that say you'd choose death over vomiting, think again. Please. I hope all is well with every single one of you. Truly.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-14-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Default Re: Let's all just take a moment...

I was just going to post a rant about how much emetophobia is ruining my life right now. But after reading this that gotme thinking that I'm even lucky to have a life right now, despite how terrible it is at the moment.

A friend of mind died very abruptly too. Apparently he just stopped breathing, from well, nobody knows. He just couldn't breathe one minute then, bam, dead the next. It was really unsettling.

I'm glad it got you thinking. I hope more members view this as helpful or thought provoking as well.

I am terribly sorry about your friend. Death is never an easy thing to cope with.

I've completely stopped saying I'd rather die than ____ in any circumstances. My best friend as a kid died in a drunk driving accident almost a year ago too and it was just so incredibly tragic because he was so young and it was so avoidable. Then only a few months after that an acquaintance who was only 24 was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer and told she would live 6 months. She died three weeks later.

The thing about the friend with colon cancer that really struck a cord with emetophobia was that the last week she was alive, she decided that she couldn't care anymore about her shellfish allergy and had her friends kidnap her from the hospital to go to red lobster. She gorged on crab and shrimp all night and spent a whole day vomiting because it was just that worth it to her. That she'd be willing to do that on purpose for a meal, during the last four days she had left, just made me feel horrible about letting the possibility that it might happen keep me from doing anything.

Life is too fleeting to let fear stop us from living.

It really is. I hope you live your life to the absolute fullest. The story about your friend is incredibly touching. My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself and those around you.

I honestly cannot stop thinking about it today. My 2010 class I graduated with are going to order a flower arrangement for my friend and her family. Life is too precious. We cannot waste it on some stupid phobia.

Im so sorry for your loss. That poor girl really never had a chance to live yet. I guess we all have to put things in perspective.