Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Germstar Noro

Default Germstar Noro

Hi, I have not posted in awhile, but I am on everyday. I have been doing some research about noro as this is the worst time of year for me with my 2 girls. I am petrified that we will get "it"! I want to do everything to prevent it, and I came across a website it is germstar.com and they have a handsanitizer designed specifically to kill noro. I checked them out and they seem like a reliable company at least I hope so! I just thought I would share the website, sorry if someone else has already posted something about them. Just thought I would share

Default Re: Germstar Noro

Ive heard that it works well...I need to buy it!

I hope so, my husband thought it was a little expensive for handsanitizer, but knows how I am about this so we will see how it works! They need to start selling it in stores.

totally agree....

I ordered the original germstar I thought it kills Moro too but I may be wrong =( I don't care how much anything cost if it helps protect my family

I will pay just about anything to keep from getting Noro... I wish they'd get that vaccination out sooner than they are saying! It would be a dream come true!

I just bought the gold bond saniitizer that everyone says fights noro. My husband and I both love it since it moisturizes. I thought $4 for a little tube was pretty expensive but very well worth it if it works. I may have to see about buying some of that germ star.

They made it for cruise ships and I'm sure it does, but you have to buy it in bulk. I'd rather stick with my gold bond, esp. because it's a lotion.

So does Gold Bond really kill Noro cause i have seen conflicting reports? If they do that is so amazingly awesome!

They've never tested it on norovirus, but that concentration of benzalkonium chloride does kill it. They just can't say officially.

Good to know! And it's true any hand sanitizer that is 70% alcohol of more works also right?

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Good to know! And it's true any hand sanitizer that is 70% alcohol of more works also right?
    No, only a certain kind of alcohol does. Your standard alcohol based one will not work.

I found the gold bond stuff on sale for $1.69 a few weeks ago...I bought a whole box...

Oh well humph =( so gold bond one, and do you know of any others that can be purchased at local grocery stores?

Wet ones, and a lot of the foaming sanitizers.

If you need wipes, you can buy the ones the hospitals use. On amazon. I bought the wipes and the spray and I adore them!

Really Wet Ones work? I read on a website, I think stopstomachflu.org that they didn't? I'm just so curious as to what works so I can provide my kids with the best protection...thank you for all your info person...I would love and appreciate anymore you have!

I bought 6 bottles for $18.00. A little pricey but I can't find the gold bond stuff anywhere. Good to know about the wet ones too!

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Really Wet Ones work? I read on a website, I think stopstomachflu.org that they didn't? I'm just so curious as to what works so I can provide my kids with the best protection...thank you for all your info person...I would love and appreciate anymore you have!
    I contacted Wet Ones and they told me they don't kill any viruses.

I've seen that germstar noro too and was going to buy it, but the shipping cost just as much as the sanitizer. I found another sanitizer called X3 clean and they claim it kills noro.

Wet Ones has never done testing on viruses. Testing for noro is extremely pricey and difficult and they can't make that claim unless they've tested for it. Very few companies will deal with it. But we know that benzalkonium chloride in a concentration of .18% kills noro and wet ones have a concentration of .30% I believe, which is more than enough.

Dose anyone know if there is anything avalible in the UK?

What kind of Gold Bond Sanitizer? Is there only one kind? I can get it at any walmart or drug store? What about the Germstar noro stuff? Does it contain the same stuff that is in Gold bond that kills noro?

Only one kind of gold bond sanitizer, but it comes in two scents. One smells lotion-y (blue) and the other smells exactly like fruit roll ups (orange).

Gold bond uses benzalkonium chloride and germstar noro uses some other type of alcohol.

So what kind of alcohol needs to be in sanitizer to kill it?

I'm not sure but it doesn't matter because no other sanitizer on the market contains it.

Ok thanks

nothing beats good old soap & water.

ok everyone...here is the scoop. the alcohol is Ethyl alcohol and has to be above 62% and it is antimicrobial, that is what they use in hospitals and drs offices. Wet ones (which I use all the time) is ONLY .03% benzotholium Chloride, so NO it is no enough to kill the virus, but it still makes me feel good when I use them.

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    ok everyone...here is the scoop. the alcohol is Ethyl alcohol and has to be above 62% and it is antimicrobial, that is what they use in hospitals and drs offices. Wet ones (which I use all the time) is ONLY .03% benzotholium Chloride, so NO it is no enough to kill the virus, but it still makes me feel good when I use them.
    No, Wet Ones is 0.30%, more than enough.