Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Happy Birthday to me :/

It's days like these when I really wish my emet would give me just one single, measley day off. One day to relax, enjoy myself, celebrate and have an anxiety-free mind...but alas, no. I've woken up with a churning stomach and severe n*, as per. This is driving me absolutely insane, is it really too much to ask to live just one day in the life of a non-emet?!

What a birthday

Default Re: Happy Birthday to me :/

Happy Birthday! You might not be feeling great, but just think to yourself..."There is NOTHING wrong with me, I feel like this a lot and I am NEVER actually sick". Now go out an enjoy your birthday and try to forget about the fact you're not feeling great (easier said than done, I know) I really hope that you manage to have a great day, despite the shaky start. x

happy birthday......i know days like this always make me nervous for some stupid reason.......and my birthday is tomorrow....hoping for the best....lol

try and have a stress free day
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow...
    (17th).... try to enjoy your special day. I know its hard. My anxiety is through the roof right now myself.

Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow...
    (17th).... try to enjoy your special day. I know its hard. My anxiety is through the roof right now myself.

Thanks guys I've perked up a little since earlier - sadly good old Mother Nature has not blessed me today, so I'm hoping that had something to do with how rubbish I felt earlier...(sorry if TMI).

I guess there's a lot of pressure to feel 'well' on special days, which doesn't do us emets any good at all...the more I feel like I 'ought' to be well, the more I panic about NOT feeling well, and thus often end up spoiling special occasions

Happy birthday for tomorrow, ren2005!!!

I am sorry you were not feeling well. Mother nature seems to kick in at the most inconvenient times! :/ I had a stomach virus on my 18th birthday. I left school that day, but I started crying in the office because I didn't wanna be sick on my birthday lol. I took a hot bath and my boyfriend (friend at that point) bought me some pepto bismol and Sprite and a lovely card lol. I felt much better after resting a bit and was able to celebrate that evening. I hope you feel better! Have a great birthday!!

Happy birthday, i hope your day got better!

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    It's days like these when I really wish my emet would give me just one single, measley day off. One day to relax, enjoy myself, celebrate and have an anxiety-free mind...but alas, no. I've woken up with a churning stomach and severe n*, as per. This is driving me absolutely insane, is it really too much to ask to live just one day in the life of a non-emet?!

What a birthday
    oh my gosh! my birthday is the 16th
    I just posted earlier about having a rough birthday too. :/ i figured, "well, since it's my birthday i'll be so happy i won't have time to be nervous!" but instead, as i said before on this site, a girl came over to me, gave me a big happy birthday hug, then when we were talking informed me that her brother had been v*ing all night. gee, thanks for sharing the germs.
    so i feel your pain. it sucks that emetophobia has to ruin the one day of the year that is all yours! one day in 365, and emet gets in the way. I'm sorry you didn't have a good bday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happy Birthday and happy thoughts to you

Thanks for the messages everyone, they certainly helped me to at least contain my emet to a certain degree...and I ended up having a pretty good day! Now, to deal with Christmas..... ha ha!