Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I was just wondering if anyone else did this?

Hello all!

Ever since I was young I was always told if I was going to be s*** I would go incredibly pale like ghostly, because normally I have stupidly bright pink cheeks(so its obvs more noticeable).

Right anyway, So now if i ever feel remotely queasy or s*** I will obsessivfly look in my pocket mirror at my face. Now im talking I carry a mirror in my pocket everywhere i go.

I was just wondering if anybody did the same or something similar?

Batmansgirl x
    I know you find it hard to shine,
    When every turn you take is lined,
    With the fear of never making it alive.

The word Hope means a lot to me for many different reasons.

Tumblr blog about my Emet:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I was just wondering if anyone else did this?

I don't carry a mirror with me but I do look at my face to see if I am pale because when I was little and had the stomach flu I would be as pale as a ghost. So now if I feel a little n* I go straight to the bathroom to check my face. I haven't done it as much the past few years, but when I was younger I always did it or asked my mom if I was pale.

I always check my face if i feel ill, if it's got colour i calm down.

Haha this made me think of when I was younger... my family always knew being sick was super scary for me but my grandpa got a kick out of telling me I didn't look good and that I was probably getting sick and he would say it until I believed him and would end up going home asking my mom all night if I looked sick or if she thought I'd get sick. I'd look in the mirror to see why he said that. He would get a huge kick out of the fact that he could make me feel sick by just saying I didn't look like I felt good. Because it's my grandpa I never got mad at him for this but even today if he said I didn't look well I'd probably get a bit freaked out until he told me he was joking but even then I might question it haha.

When I was younger and felt sick, people told me I looked pale. I never look at myself, but if I feel ill and someone tells me I look pale - it sends my panic through the roof.

I am half asian so stay pretty much the same colour whatever, ha ha. I have noticed that my sons face and particually his lips go very pale if he is sick, he also gets dark shadows under his eyes. My daughter is dark like me and her skin colour doesnt change at all when shes sick.

When I was younger, people always told me I looked pale when I was ill.
    So now whenever I feel ill, I have a look in the mirror and I find they are usually right, I do go rather pale.

I always feel my forehead to see if I have a fever (like for the flu), or sometimes ask other people if I feel warm to them, because I don't believe myself.

I do the same as LilyLuna. I constantly feel my face and I whip out my pocket mirror to check my eyes. Supposedly, if you are running a fever, one of the signs is dilated pupils and bloodshot eyes. hahah shoulda never read that! I check too often. Annoying. You are not alone. I also sometimes check the color of my face. Although I never really look pale due to the fact I have an olive skin tone, therefore my skin usually remains the same color.

I do not do this. I just keep a thermometer handy. Plus. I'm a redhead with fair skin so I'm always pale.

I do this all the time, it really annoys my mum. I'm naturally really pale anyway so sometimes it's quite hard to tell so I ask other people is I'm 'paler than usual' and if they hesitate before answering even a tiny bit I will freak out. I feel my cheeks and forehead all the time too. And take my pulse, I'm not really sure why.
    Be extraordinary!

My parents told me the same thing, except they said I would go green around my mouth as well as pale :/ Very odd.....but I always find myself checking the colour of my face whenever there's a mirror nearby... very annoying.

I always check my lips and cheeks! If I ever feel nauseous I will look in the car window or something if I don't have a mirror handy haha! Whenever someone says my lips look pale I panic and feel nauseous, I am a naturally pale person, so I guess sometimes they go pale? Haha

This is sooo funny, meaning I can't believe it has happened to others too! When I was little, I was a skinny, pale, dark haired little thing. And yes, once a neighbor told me I looked pale, and I never forgot that (and didn't like her either)...so I would always look in the mirror, pinch my cheeks, etc. and worry about it. Also, I over heard my mom once telling someone my lips were cherry red when I had a fever, so that stayed with me as well.
    I'm just glad my kids have such good coloring...nothing like their mom.