Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wink OT: what are the chances?

I can see from posts and profiles that emet affects people in so many different locations
    What are the chances of any one of us living close to one another?
    Just thinking.
    Sure would like to talk to another emet in person....b/c I really don't have anyone to talk to who would understand and not just make fun....anyway....

Default Re: OT: what are the chances?

I have never met anyone with emet before in my life so the chances seem pretty slim

I just met another emet this summer it was so nice. We were at a party together the funny part was when all the drunks started acting like they were feeling sick we both jumped and ran away. It was nice to feel like you were not alone.

I know quite a few emets like myself surprisingly. It's funny, when you're an emet, you can totally pick out other emets in the same crowd. But for some reason I just don't click with them because of personality differences, or the ones I do get along with well have moved away...

If someone v* in public, for example, just take note of the people who immediately jump up and run away as fast as they can, covering their ears. I discovered this when I was out with my boyfriend and his sister, and when my boyfriend started coughing to the point of gagging, we both thought he was going to v* so we took off running in the same direction. Then without even explaining our actions, we both looked at each other and burst out laughing. We said at the same time, "You're scared of it too?!?" It was nice to have someone on the same level as me... Sad that she moved away though.
    Last edited by Blushes; 11-18-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    destroy what destroys you

I'm in Birmingham Alabama...

One of my best friends from HS is emet...I didn't know it till like 6 years after we graduated and we were chatting on the phone and we spilled our guts!