Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default if you could would you?

i had a funny thought today, if i could remove the V center of my brain and be able to live normally would i do it? ill put it this way... id sign up in a heartbeat.

kinda a stupid thought but i thought id share. would you guys do it if you could? would it cure your emet?

Default Re: if you could would you?

Um. Fuck. Yes. lol

Yes yes yes. Although I wonder if I did this if my phobia wouldn't just manifest in something else.

But I digress. YES!!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i'd be first in line......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nope - definitely not! In my opinion emet is only a symptom - not the disease... So if you remove the V-center your anxiety wouldn't have anything to work with there anymore and would just have to find somewhere else to manifest itself.... In my experience it isn't the emet that needs treating - it's whatever causes the emet that needs treating. So even without a V-center the real reasons for the anxiety are still there

imho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My reasoning is not just because of my phobia but also because vomiting is just plain unpleasant and gross--most of the time, not even necessary. I do acknowledge the fact that the anxiety could manifest into something else, but I would brace myself for that.

Oh hell yes.

I was just thinking about this the other day....if there were a surgery to remove the V* center in the brain, I'd be the first in line. I would do it in a heart beat......and hopefully my anxiety would manifest to something like Volcanoes or something.....
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

V is a pretty pointless response.

Yes yes yes. A million billion times yes!

I can't say yes or no. I like the idea of eliminating the possibility of a pointless malfunction. But, I don't like the idea of having anything done to my brain. It's already got me in enough trouble as-is..

Plus I think that whatever is now emetophobia would simply find a new and possibly worse way to manifest its self.

The power to get past this is within each of us allready. It just takes time and the correct guidance and ways of thinking to get it to become part of the past.

Yes!! I realize that the anxiety would probably show up elsewhere. But if I KNEW I would never vomit again, life would be sooooo much easier!!

There is no surgery to remove the vomiting center, but you can have a surgery called fundoplication that makes it impossible to vomit. Essentially the top of your stomach is constricted so that vomiting is impossible. I've never heard of anyone having fundoplication because of emetophobia.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Yes yes yes!!!

It's the medulla oblongata that controls vomiting, gagging and coughing stuff right? I wouldn't want that surgery that gumdropper mentioned because I've heard you can still dry heave and it's quite painful.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.