Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaked about food.. I'm so scared

Hello.
    I will start by saying I'm 14. Turning 15 in a month & in grade 10.
    Anyways, tonight I was at my friend's house doing a project and I stayed for dinner. Her mom cooked ribs in barbecue sauce. I can barely allow myself to eat meat at home, let alone at a restaurant or friend's house. Anyways, the ribs were overcooked and weren't the best I've ever had, although that might have been because of the sauce or how welldone they were. I don't even know why I ate them, I usually do not eat meat at a friend's house.

I am now freaking out over the possibility that I might get food poisoning from the ribs. EVERY time I eat meat at someone's house I worry for hours and hours until it has passed. I am so scared. D:

Please help me!

Am I going to get food poisoning?
    I am so so so TERRIFIED.

- Lizzie ♥

Default Re: Freaked about food.. I'm so scared

no, you will be fine. your less likey to get sick from pork and steak. usually chicken and seafood is the culprit. my wife always eats her steaks medium rare and she has never been sick from it. myself i always get my food well done.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    no, you will be fine. your less likey to get sick from pork and steak. usually chicken and seafood is the culprit. my wife always eats her steaks medium rare and she has never been sick from it. myself i always get my food well done.
    I hope so. I'm starting to feel really nauseous & shaky but my mom says it's just cause i'm starting to panic.
    This has been controlling my life since as long as I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lizzie View Post
    I hope so. I'm starting to feel really nauseous & shaky but my mom says it's just cause i'm starting to panic.
    This has been controlling my life since as long as I can remember

it sounds like nerves to me. try to lay down and relax.

Sounds like anxiety...and I'm the same way but I rarely even eat meat period...although now we buy a steak that is grain fed no antibiotics steroids all that and I am more likely to eat that at my home where I know how it's cooked! But my husband eats raw meat I know so disgusting but literally it bleeds when he cuts into it, I joke saying it is mooing still lol! And in 3 years he hadn't gotten sick and he eats red meat 2-3 days a week! You could also not feel great if the sauce was really heavy and rich...what time did you eat them at?

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Sounds like anxiety...and I'm the same way but I rarely even eat meat period...although now we buy a steak that is grain fed no antibiotics steroids all that and I am more likely to eat that at my home where I know how it's cooked! But my husband eats raw meat I know so disgusting but literally it bleeds when he cuts into it, I joke saying it is mooing still lol! And in 3 years he hadn't gotten sick and he eats red meat 2-3 days a week! You could also not feel great if the sauce was really heavy and rich...what time did you eat them at?
    I think it was around.. 6:45?

ANd what time is it where you are? I think you should be fine....calm down take a warm shower and drink some hot tea even watch something funny it will keep your mind busy and you won't be sitting there watching the clock!

It is now a few minutes until 10:15

The usual time is around 4-6 hours but I have learned people start feeling it before that time like something is brewing...I think you just have anxiety over it. Try a hot shower those usually calm me down =$

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    The usual time is around 4-6 hours but I have learned people start feeling it before that time like something is brewing...I think you just have anxiety over it. Try a hot shower those usually calm me down =$
    Thank you very much I am heading off to bed now, I feel pretty good.

Good! Sleep tight!