Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default trying to control others

I am getting so tired of doing this. My hubby, baby and I are currently staying with my parents until we get a new place. We just had a huge move. This is until we get back on our feet.
    Anyway,day in and day out I consantly hound everyone to wash their hands if they were at the store, or wherever. My Dad is getting downright pissed at me.
    My mom is very deligent about it, and my Dad is clean..but hes not like us.
    When my hubby gets home from work, he knows enough to wash his hands, yet I still hound him.
    Im telling all of them to not touch their faces without washing up

Im tired of worrying. my fear is extremely unbearable right now, and I think alot of it has to do with having a baby. He is 4 months. I have to worry about everyone right now. I live in fear. I cant do thid anymore.
    Never in my life have I been this bad. Tomorow is my bday, and I just want to enjoy it. I cant.
    Any word of advice?? Anyone??

Default Re: trying to control others

well it all depends, that's a tough situation. us emets want the hands constantly washed, it's not right for him to have to comply with your fear. but it wouldn't hurt to sit down with him and have a talk. as long as he washes before eating or after using the restroom that should be good enough. you have to remember, people who don't have this do not understand what it's like.

I live with the guilt of ' babe please wash your hands or stop touching your have, etc.' I hate I have pushed my phobia on him and make him engage in my emet ways. I feel so guilty. All the time. He complies but I'm sure he resents. Sad.

Not have, face. Auto correct.