Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When was the last time you were very n*

I know many of you haven't v* in years, but I'm wondering if you just fight the urge to v* when you have a SV...

So, when was the last time you had really bad n* (not from anxiety).

I tend to get an SV every few years. We had one last year right before Christmas but I'm panicking now because it seems a million people have one on FB. It's really messing with me.
    BREATHE

Default Re: When was the last time you were very n*

Today i was, monday too. My gerd and ibs causes it.

Last time was early August. I was d*h* in a plane bathroom but it wasn't the s*v*. Worst experience ever but it made me stronger I think

Today actually. We had Chinese for dinner last night and sometimes it makes my stomach very unhappy. I should be in bed right now as I get up at 5 to go to work, but I feel too nauseous to sleep. It is so irritating.

I had some weird kind of stomach bug in July and I felt really nauseous then. I spent most of the day in bed and had to lie very still and breathe really deeply each time it came over me. My OH vomited a number of times with it but I didn't. Before that it was Feb 2010 when I had another stomach bug, I'm very surprised I didn't actually vomit that time, it was that strong.

I have no idea when the last time i was legitamately N*. I have a really hard time telling the different between N*, and just anxiety sometimes...the other night my stomach felt a little uneasy...but i didnt really feel sick...so i dont really know what N* is...

For me, it was at the turn of the century (2000). I woke up with a small amount of diarrhea, not even enough to worry about or stay home from work. Around 10 a.m., I started to feel increasingly uncomfortable at work, and by noon I knew I was nauseated and wasn't getting anything done so I went home.

I drank some water and took a short nap. When I woke up, the water hadn't moved out of my stomach, and at that point I knew I was close to vomiting. I took my temperature and it was 102. I immediately took two tablespoons of Pepto-Bismol, which is powerful enough at suppressing the vomiting center that it can counteract a small dose of ipecac.

I kept my nausea at bay the rest of the day and puking was never imminent.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mmn, last time I was n* was right before I v*d at church and school. NIGHTMARE.
    last time i was anxiety n* was after i tried to go back to school after v*ing there, then got sopanicked and n* i ran out of the classroom and into the girls bathroom because i thought I was going to v*. instead, all i had one of my worst panic attacks ever.

Last winter I believe. I think I had a bug, but sheer willpower kept me from vomiting. It was terrible I'm bad at telling what real nausea Is though:/
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”