Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down been off here for ages, need support! bf's sick :(

Hello all!
    I haven't been on here for so long, I'm pretty much over emetophobia! I'm doing very well myself.

(I've already posted once, I didn't get a repsonse. The new layouts kida confusing hehe)

Last night I was chilling with my boyfriend Harry. We have a very late dinner, about 10pm. He hadn't eaten all day, then literally stuffed his face! Imediantly after he complained he felt very sick, I said its because you've eaten so much on a very emtpy stomach and eaten so much! I left his about half an hour earlier, he went to bed he's extremely worn out, stressed out in everyway. He woke up at 2am and v*ed once. Slept thru the night fine, then that morning I rang him to get him up for work. He said he still felt a little dodge, left him to it. And I went to work, I rang him on my break he'd just been sick again. He hasn't eaten all day, he's had a slight runny tummy. He hasn't been sick since half 12 today. He told me he feels fine now, he's just moody and very bored as he took a day of work. Which made me laugh, I'm not worried I'm going to catch anything, I'm just wondering if you think this is a sv*? I believe its ALLOT of stress taking its toll on him, bad eating habits, lack of sleep and just being unbelieveably run down. It wasn't the chinese as I'm totally fine. Also he's going in for an operation on Friday, he's been incredibly anxious about this. And we want to fit in as much time as we can together until Friday. I can't afford to get ill, I'm busy as hell right now. Anyway, thank you for your help.. x
    ​The best is yet to come....

Default Re: been off here for ages, need support! bf's sick :(

Okay tell a lie, I'm am worried I could catch it! I'm not going into mad panic, but I really want to spend time with him before his op, on friday.. If you believe this is a bug how long should I keep my distance from him and his house if that makes sense. We usually go to his place, and his mums in Las Vegas on holiday so no ones there to bleach.
    Saying this I don't even think he's got a bug haha!

Hello Lorni! Was only thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Sounds like you've been doing well.

It doesn't sound like a bug. If it is, it sounds like a pretty mild one. But of course you'd still want to avoid catching it which is totally fair enough and not a phobic response really!

I'd say wait until his symptoms have gone away, ask him to wash his hands thoroughly after using the bathroom, and put his bedding and towels and communal handtowels on a hot wash, give the bathroom a bit of a clean and also doorhandles, with a bleach solution if possible, and then don't worry about it. Maybe also he could get a new toothbrush. Although is that me going overboard perhaps? I think if you wait until 48 hours after his symptoms stop, that is a generally good guideline though he may be shedding it when he uses the bathroom so good hand hygiene remains important. Also don't let him prepare you food if possible.

He should perhaps let his doctor know he's been ill in case it affects the operation? xxx
    Last edited by cinque; 11-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Hello! I've missed your excellent support, I'm doing so well thank you. I'm pretty much Emet free, I'm no longer ocd with hand washing. I generally don't want to be sick or catch any bug ever again, but I don't panic and go into this obsessive mode. I'm in full time college, completing a Art & Design Extended Diploma course, which I love! I am also now working in a call centre, unfortunatly cold calling. But the money is great and someones got to do it haha!
    I'm so happy that I've turned my life around, this time last year i was a complete mess. Now I've got great things in my life, relationships have improved, I don't worry about anything not even half as much as I used to! Lifes great!

As with Harry, he's totally fine! I can't get hold of him at the moment, but his sister told me he's totally fine, just extremely stressed! My family don't believe its a bug or anyhing, they believe its the chinese upset him, stress and all the rest. So I'm not to bothered, I've just got so much going on in my life I can't afford to be unwell. He was only sick twice, so even if I did catch it I'd be fine with a few bouts.
    I can't believe I'm saying all this once apona time I'd run a mile! His mums home tomorrow, but there not nessessarily the cleanist people around. The place if fine, they just don't realize how to prevent bugs and stuff. I'll try to get his bedding the the wash, there towls get washed daily. Its just the loo, and his pillows that could be a problem, and remotes. But I'll go round and give it all a good out clean with some disenfectant.

Thank you so much for your help xxxx