Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: need advice urrrrrrgent

UGH I feel like such a worthless piece of shit. I'm so pissed at myself. A month ago, I was assigned a research paper for my Health class on any topic I wish to choose. Well, I had been working my ass off in my other classes because they were so much more demanding and I was struggling to keep my grades up, as this class was so easy I could pass with my eyes closed. Anywho, here I am on a Saturday evening; my research paper due on Monday. I am the worst procrastinator I have ever known. This paper has to be five pages with about four credible sources. Luckily, since I can choose my own topic, I will most likely do Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) since I could probably write a book about it ha ha. How the fuck am I going to pull this off? My anxiety is through the roof right now. I fully acknowledge that I have absolutely nobody to blame by myself, I just have no idea how I am going to get this done by Monday morning. I hope it's possible even though I am certain I am going to half ass this paper. My class starts at 9am. I have officially like 36 hours to do this paper. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened. I have been procrastinating since high school. My junior year, I finished a 7 page research paper on Sigmund Freud the day before it was due and I managed to get an 89% on it. Lol not proud of the fact that I waited that long to do it though. RAWR. No doubt I will be pulling an all nighter tonight. At least it's Saturday. Some words of encouragement/motivation would be good right about now. Gotta love college HA! What has you stressed out/pissed off lately? Responses would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Default Re: OT: need advice urrrrrrgent

You can do it! I do this all the time unfortunately, and will probably be in a similar boat this time next week. If you need credible sources, try jstor.com or any medical journal. If you go here http://scholar.google.com you can type in whatever you want and google will search for accredited journal articles and such. Makes filtering out all the bs websites a lot easier! It's perfect for smart procrastinators like you and I haha. I have faith in you!

So as to what has me stressed out...I have a huge animation project due tomorrow and I'm so behind on it! Plus a ton of projects due in a week right after Thanksgiving break that I haven't even started. I'm gonna attach a picture of part of my animation if anyone wants to see
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I actually just finished! Took about ten hours but I am quite satisfied if I do say so myself. Good luck on the busy weeks ahead!! I am in the same boat unfortunately! I will be ecstatic when this semester is over!

What has me stressed ummmm the holidays!!! My husband was out of work for 6 months, thank god he went back to work about a month ago...but it is serious catching up to do...and now the holidays are here with 2 young kids =(...oh well we will make it work we always do!!!! I really try to look at the positive and not the negative I see that it helps my life immensly everything from my marriage to my emet!

I'm in the same situation. I have to write a research paper for my english class that's due on monday...which is technically today. It's supposed to be 8-10 pages. I have one paragraph... oppss. Mine is about Psychological disorders including anxiety and phobias. I should finish before class..

It's hard to find the motivation to start assignments like these. I do not work well under pressure, so unfortunately, procrastinating is a habit I really must break soon. I hope you finish your paper. Ten pages seems like a lot, but once you get going, it will go pretty smoothly. Good thing you have psychological disorders as your topic. The information on anxiety and phobias is endless!! I ended up doing my research paper on the physical effects anxiety has on the body and there was a ridiculous amount of information on it. Good luck!