Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please reply? Im a New member.

Hey guys, this is my first post. But i heard you guys were amazing. Im a 4 year emetephobe and dont really throw up alot. But this morning i found out my 7 year old sis had the stmach flu. (we think) But ive been trying to stay away from her. And tryin to wash my hands alot. But i have touched my face and i dont think ive put my hands in my mouth. I dont wanna throw up =/ i just wanna go to sleep and wake up feeling fine. Im nervous im gonna fall asleep and wake up and be sick. I DO HAVE A DRUG CALLED PHENERGAN. AND DOCTOR SAYS AS LONG AS IM ON THAT I WONT PUKE. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS =/ i really dont know what to do. I wont leave my bedroom cause she was in the living room all day puking. =[[ I also take prozac btw.

Thanks guys!!
    Dylan

Default Re: Please reply? Im a New member.

Glad you have found us but sad you are going through a sv* in your house! Good hygiene goes a long way just continue to wash your hands and keep your hands off your face. If you can up your vitamin intake and eat some extra fruits and vegetables. Some kids randomly v* for random reasons...I have 2 friends that one of her kids v* every time he has a ear infection, and another one where her daughter v*s everytime she has strep and you would think she had a sv* by how much she v*s from it! Try to get good rest adn sleep good to help keep your body healthy! And if you start feeling sick take a phenegran it will help and probably knock you out so you sleep!

I have a bottle of PHENERGAN right now.. but I am too afraid to take it because I'm afraid to drink water to get it in me. I feel your pain, I hate being around sick people, especially in my own household. I am almost certain that I'll get it too!

Hey!
    Welcome to the site! Regarding your situation, it sounds like you are practicing good hygiene. Just for reassurance, I think you are in the clear. However, for the next few days, just be a little cautious when it comes to washing hands and touching your mouth/face. You can take the Phenergen, however I do not think it is necessary at this point. It is crucial to keep yourself in good health, so make sure you eat enough and get an adequate amount of sleep. I truly think you will be fine! Good luck!

Just because it is in your house doesn't mean you will get it! I know of many households where only 1 or 2 people get it and no one else! Proper hygiene and healthy body go a long way. If you have Lysol the kind that says kills flu virus use that when using the bathroom after her...