Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Can I get some opinions, advice?

She got her MMR last Friday. She has felt warm to me all day but has been acting fine. She is eating and doing everything as usual. She is a little more "clingy." Her temp is only 100.2 which is low grade but she has NO other symptoms. So I called her doctor and she said they can have a reaction to the MMR up to 10 days after injection. I gave her some Tylenol and checked her an hour later and the fever was the same, 100.2. UGH! She gagged when I was giving it to her...I was thinking OH NO! I hope she's not gonna v*. I got SO nervous and sick to my stomach. I hope she does not have a sv. She has not been anywhere and no one here has been sick! They can v* with a reaction to this vaccine.

Anyone else experience this with their kids? My boys never had any reaction to any of their vaccines. She has done fine too with the other ones. I had a MMR about 3 yrs ago and did fine!

Oh yea, she fell asleep in the middle of the living room floor...VERY UNUSUAL!

My dd has had a low grade fever after vaccines too. A few times my dd has also had a low grade fever for no reason at all. When she did have a stomach she never even got a fever.

Try to stay calm. My guess is that the vacine is just now hitting her and she is a little more tired then usual. Hang in there!
    Megan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah - I have to agree with the above advice. It seems like nearly all the time my kids have a stomach bug, they do NOT have a fever which precedes it. Usually they are acting find until they get the stomach ache and v*. My guess is that something else (not a sv) is going on.

I know with my daughter when she was little she would once in a while get this illness where she would just be miserable and have a fever for a couple of days and thats it. Very rarely do people get a fever with a sv. Vaccines always gave my kids a fever, but 10 days later I would question that. Maybe she is coming down with a cold or other respritory illness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I checked her temp about an hour ago and it was 98.9...she just pooped and it was sort of loose. Not watery by all means. I automatically think the worse. She is acting fine but I know that does not mean anything. I hope its not a sv!

UGH! Here I go again with my meticulous handwashing. I have washed my hands 2 times since changing her diaper. I hate this do much! I can deal with anything but a stomach virus. I guess if it turns out to be that I will have to deal with it. The type of poo she had is not out of the ordinary, I guess...it was A LOT though. Since trying to get her on milk she has been pooping balls all clumped togethor (sorry) so I gave her juice last night...how long does that take to work on them? I would think sooner that this but I could be wrong!

Well, loose poo at her age could be from several things. Lets try to not think the worst. My children had loose stools from teething, juice, ect ............. just being constipated could cause her to have the loose stool. Now that all the hard stuff has come out, all the stuff that was backed up in her is coming out now. I am sorry if I am being gross, I am just trying to not think "SV" If your docs office is saying that the fever could be from her MMR last week, go with that. She could be getting a cold of some sort. My oldest daughter would sometimes just run a fever for no apparent reason. Like she would wake up from a nap with a fever, I would give her the Tylenol, and a few hours later she would be fine.

I sure hope this is not an "SV" please keep us posted!!

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

I HOPE its not the sv. She has not been anywhere, at all. She has had poops like that before. She did not go that much at all yesterday...just a little. She is definitely cleaned out now.

When my little brother, David,got his MMR shot before 6th grade (I guess the second one? Not sure!) I remember my mom told the three of us (older bro, david and I) to go out in the hallway and wait while she took care of paperwork. We'd only been out in the hallway for about five minutes when he turned white as a ghost and nearly passed out. I rushed in to get my mom and the nurse came out to check on him, get him some water, etc... and she said it was prob. a reaction and to just keep an eye on him. He was okay, but he ran a fever off and on for nearly a week after that.

Hopefully that's all it is!
    Good Luck!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

How is she today?

Madisonsmom,

Your daughter could have a sv She could also have reacted to the
    MMR. That and the chicken pox vaccines are the two worst as far
    as side effects go. In fact, I waited until my son was five
    before I permitted him to vaccinated with the MMR. I have a
    friend who is an MD/Phd with a specialty in childhood vaccinations a
    the Johns Hopkins Hospital for Handicapped Children. She
    gave me a huge education about vaccines and their effects on children -
    good and bad. She waited on several of them for her son who is
    six months older than mine for a variety of reasons that I won't go
    into here.

Vaccines are invaders to the body and the body reacts quickly to
    them. Some are dead viruses and others are alive. There are
    also other components such as thimerasol, which is mercury that has
    deadly effects on some kids. There is a huge amount of
    controversy surrounding vaccines both pro and con. I can tell you
    it is a hot and vile debate between those who are staunch supporters of
    vaccinations and the ones who abhore them. It is almost as heated
    as the pro-choice, pro-life conflicts. So, if you want to read up
    on those controversies, they are all over the place on the Internet.

Anyway, back to your daughter. Tylenol is great for the
    aftereffects of the vaccination like discomfort at the site of
    injection or headache. However, I find that giving a Benadryl
    beforehand really knocks out the threat of any potential
    symptoms. I still give Tylenol for the following 48 hours.
    Fever is ABSOLUTELY the most commom side effect of the MMR. In
    fact, when my son got his, I was told to give him Tylenol every six
    hours for 48 hours even if he felt fine.

I hope your daughter is feeling better. Please let us know.

Stella

I hope she feels all better soon--and that you get some peace!! I was up all night worrying about Haley, so I can relate!

She only had that one poo episode and it was "mushy." She has had no other episodes. I gave her some Motrin at 9pm - her temp was 100.2 again. She slept all night and got up...I took her temp at it was 98.9 but with a half an hour she started getting real tired and I took it again and it was 100.6 so I gave her more Motrin. I called the ped again and they said it probably is a reaction to her MMR OR it could be a virus that is going around with just a fever for about 48 hours. The nurse said she should start feeling better by the beginning of the week, if not they want to see her.

I seriously doubt its a stomach virus. I mean she has not been anywhere...she has not been exposed. None of us have had it. She has not been out of the house since LAST Friday. She is drinking her milk and she's fine!

So what do you all think?

The nurse told me that if they are going to have the fever and rash from the MMR that is does happen in general 10 days after. I have looked it up and I have read the same thing about the MMR!

Stella~

I have read a lot about the good, bad and the ugly on vaccines. I might delay her next MMR...if it does not interfere with the one she just got...I mean as far as the immune effects. (KWIM?) She did not get her chicken pox vax. She gets that at 15 months. They told me that they do not administer them together anymore because they have found waiting make it more effective. Your post got me a little nervous about her possibly having a sv. I changed her poopy diaper. ButI doknow that diarrhea is 2/3 or moreloose/watery stools ina day. I hope just one poop that was not watery is a sv. UGH now I am going to worry. I guess I will know if its a virus in the next few days huh? I just dont know. The fever is not high...I am scared to not medicate it though. My oldest son had a febrile seizure from a fever spiking quickly when he was 9 months. My 6 yr old son had a seizure of unknown cause in January so I do medicate fevers.

Its weird. My husband and I had plans to go somewhere tonight. I dont know if we will go or not. Depends on how she does today.

UGH! Can we have brought a sv home to her and not get it ourselves? I have never heard of this, but is it possible?

I don't think this is a sv at all. This sounds like a reaction to
    the MMR vaccine. Its a nasty one. Some people do fine while
    others react. I was told when my son finally got his at five
    years old, and only because the school would not admit him otherwise,
    that he could have a fever and feel overall malaise for about 48
    hours. That sounds very similar to what your daughter
    has. The diarrhea component is probably in response to the fever.

Stella

I gave her Motrin at 9am and just checked her again and her temp is 100.2. UGH! She is trying to play, bless her heart. I dont know...