Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone know about onion cures???

I just got an email that says that when someone is sick in your house, with cold, flu, or sv, if you cut an onion in pieces and put it on a plate and place them around your house and in the bedroom where the person is ill, you can prevent anyone else from catching the illness. Some people swear by it and I guess onions have been used since the 1900s. Science says there is no real evidence of onions having any healing powers. It certainly can't hurt to try it. It also said that the onion will absorb the germ and sometimes turn black or discolor. What do you all think???

Default Re: Anyone know about onion cures???

Well I don't know if it will stop others from catching it or if it helps with sv*, but my mom put an onion in my room the last time I had a cold and I felt better the next morning. I think it might just be the odor it gives off. My nose was really stuffy the night before and completely clear the next morning.

Bump...anyone???

Colds maybe but not noro. If anything the smell would make you ill.