Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help, traveling and having a hard time!

It's the 22nd (the last time I v* was the 22nd of dec like 14 yrs ago) I'm driving down to new jersey from NH. The people we are visiting live in a ranch style house like the one I last v* in. I went to type pike and typed pu*e. Ive felt yucky for a few days. Some kid got s* at my work three days ago. Ahhh. I could feel s* from hormones. Idk...holiday times always freak me the fuck out.

Default Re: Help, traveling and having a hard time!

Just passed a sign for a town called...NORWALK. Ugh shoot me.

I am very much like you, I associate the last time I was sick to everything present! Try and stay calm, I know it's hard, but the calmer you stay the better you will feel! Hang in there im thinking of ya!

I still have 1hr45min of a drive. My anxiety is through the roof. Traffic, n*, ugh. Help.....am I sick??!

If I had to say I would say no its just anxiety....Try turning up the radio and singing or something along those lines to take your thoughts away from feeling sick! Ill be here for awhile if ya need to chat to keep your mind off it!

Please, I'm not driving my bf is. We're in bad traffic. I feel so trapped. I've been n* for a few days. My period has been all messed up from the shot form of bc. I have cramps. I wa hungry and ate raviolis and a scone and veggie chips and cheeze it's. Ugh I'm do scared and can't calm myself down.

It's a good thing that you ate!! I understand your symptoms as I'm having a rough night myself! Do you believe it's anxiety or do u think your actually sick?

I just ate some pizza, one slice, I think it's travel stress with anxiety, I was also at a rest stop and this kid was with his mom in the woman's room and goes, I think I'm going to throw up. She was totally calm and goes you'll be fine well go sit down, splash some water on your face. I freaked and washed my hands soooo fast and ran out! I wanted to hit the kid. :-( I hate how angry this phobia makes me! Now I just feel trapped! Ugh I hope the kid was just car sick.

It seems when we have bad nights it all crashes on our heads at once! I'm sure he just had car sickness even if he didn't you weren't in there when he got sick so you couldn't have touched any particles from him! Don't worry try to calm down.... It's amazing I'm saying calm down while I'm sitting here panicking myself!!

Why are you panicking??!!?

I'm not feeling well at all tonight either, stomach aches, headache and just generally feel like shit, maybe I took to many pills (zofran) today or something just yucky!!

Have you eaten at all?

I have eaten yes and just ate again, I think it's just anxiety! I hate it! How are you feeling today?

Better, just off. Travel really gets to me and the holidays cause a lot of anxiety for me! Everyone gets s* this time of year.
    I'm always afraid and thinking of v*. All day. It's awful,

Just thought I'd comment as I know exactly how you feel! This time of year, my anxiety always gets so much worse with the viruses and flus going around. Tomorrow (well, today...I'm working the overnight) is Thanksgiving and I am seeing my whole family which consists of a lot of young children. I always worry that I'll get sick from the younger kids because I have before! It's so terrible how anxious I get when I should be happy to see my family yet the anxiety takes over. I hate this phobia!
    I know how you feel about feeling off this week. That happens all the time for me when I get my period, my stomach is a mess. But I just tell myself that I'll be okay and I recognize what it is. I can recognize cramps and an upset stomach from my period and that it is different than a SV.
    Traveling always gets me anxious too. I am flying to Phoenix, AZ next week and I am already anxious and I have been anxious for the past few months about it! Guess what I did today? Went out and loaded up on hand wipes, lysol and clorox wipes to bring with me! I'm always so afraid I'll get sick when I travel and that is what I'm worried about next week!
    All we can do is try to stay as healthy as possible in the ways we know how. The rest is out of our control and that's the worst part and the hardest thing for me to accept!

Hope your travels go better, just try to enjoy the holiday and family. Drink a glass or two of wine and relax!

I had a great time with my family, there aren't any little kids in the family anymore so its easier, but i still get soooooo anxious this time of the year, i wash my hands well and never put them in my mouth without washing well, but i still always think im doomed. I ate at a diner friday A.M. before driving home and im so scared i will get a sv from there. i have until monday A.M. till i know im in the clear! i feel like people in warm states dont get sick as much as new england and cold states... is this true?