Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Medication

Default Medication

Sorry I know I write about a million posts a day but I have so many questions now that I can ask people who are going through what I am going through.

Becase of my emet I am terrified of getting dizzy I hate it because it seems that is what happens before you V. Anyways i am on no medication at all. None for anxiety or for anti nausea. I was wondering if anybody is on meds that really help you but don't make you dizzy or naseas. I am really scared to take meds because when I had my son via c section I took a lortab and I hated that loopy dizzy feeling so I refuse to take narcotics now I would rather be in pain than v. Any suggestions would be great I am going to make an appt with my doctor.

Default Re: Medication

I take zofran....way to much of it infact....and it doesn't make me dizzy however my anxiety does...hope this helps! Oh ps it does make you constipated tho! Sorry tmi

I take sertraline (Zoloft) which is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Basically, it regulates the levels of serotonin in your body. I have been on it for about six weeks now and it did make me feel nauseated at first and caused me to have frequent bouts of diarrhea the first week, but it was short lived. I did not feel dizzy, however, I did feel a tad bit loopy the first night or so. Zoloft definitely helps with my anxiety and panic attacks as well as my depression. I also take Unisom to help me sleep when I feel too anxious. That does not make me nauseated at all. I did take Zofran and it did help me in terms of gaining my appetite back as opposed to feeling sick all the time, but I was too dependent on it. I would take multiple pills per day, and whenever I would run out, my anxiety/panic attacks would be 10x worse it seemed. Unfortunately, everyone is different so everyone is going to react differently to different medications. Do not let possible side effects of dizziness or nausea hinder you from looking into medications to manage your fear and anxiety. I hope you find something that works for you! Good luck!

I took amoryn for awhile and if you don't have a problem with smoking that helps too, marijuana on a light scale (too often/much at once can make you feel sick) is a good relaxer also.

Seriously consider yoga - for some reason stretching out the muscle tensions can really relieve any physical pain or anxiety you're feeling.

Jeremy

i'm on prozac....antidepressant.....which totally helps curb my anxiety. they said one of the side effects could be n or v........but i had neither......the dr gave me this drug to help me from obsessing so much over things....mainly v for me

i also have an rx for phenergan in case i get really bad......but i only take 1/2 tablet at a time....makes you really really sleepy.....and i usually feel hungover the next day. i havent had to take one in over a year

i have inner ear issues which cause dizziness and have a rx for antivert for that. i will tell you that i have never v from the dizziness and it's been bad enough that i couldn't stand up and ended up in the hospital for 4 days.....but no v. so dizziness does not mean v.

hope you find the same help and comfort that i found here
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.