Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Please read my post "Oh man, this sucks!"

I have a fever now. 99.8! I'm dying. Oh God. I can't believe this. I keep having cold and hot flashes. I'm not nauseated yet, thank God. But this is freaking me out. I haven't eaten anything besides that small bowl of cereal around 2. I really don't want to get sick! Ahhhhhhhh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ok, calm down. First of all, you can cause a temp like that just out of panicking. A few weeks ago, I was having a panic attack, and took my temp, and it was like 100. After a little while, I had calmed down, and I took it again and it was normal. Hot and cold flashes can also be caused by panic. Why don't you lie down, or watch tv, or listen to music,or read a book. Do anything to make yourself stay calm.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Just try to relax. 99.8 isn't really too bad. Our bodies fluctuate, so I wouldn't worry unless it becomes over 100. Even then try not to worry because stress will only make things worse. The best thing you can do is try to relax.

Heather,

I am so sorry you are sick--maybe you do not have a stomach bug, I was sick last weekend with a high fever and I didn't v'it--it was just the normal flu, then bronchitis and tonsilitis!!! If you don't feel nauseous--don't worry yourself into feeling sick, it's so not worth it!!!! Let us know how you are!

Well, it crept up to 100 degrees. I feel very weak and achy, but still not nauseated, thank God! I have a tiny bit of a sore throat, so maybe the reason my sponsor was sick was because she had the regular flu and she is a v*er. Maybe. I'm just saying my prayers. Keep praying for me. I'm very very scared. My husband thinks I'll be fine, but what does he know? He's a non emet!

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope you are all better soon. I know you must be really nervous because of the experience you had the other day, but you will be okay. Just try really hard to relax and take it easy.

Try to stay calm and pamper yourself. Stay in bed and get some rest. A fever would cause me to think you're coming down with a cold or the flu, not a stomach thing. I hope you stay well and this is just panic. Let us know how you're doing.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Im sorry your not feeling well. As you probably already know by all my posts my daughter has had a fever for 2 days. She is not v*.

Just try to calm down. Relax. Let us know how you are!

Fevers affect people in different ways, maybe she was V and D only because of the fever. I would take a luke warm bath and some tylenol and get that fever down and I bet you'll be fine.

Well, I still have a low fever-- it's been around 99.5-100 all day. And I had some diarrhea and a little bit of a stomachache. But if I were going to v* from this, I would have by now, right? I hope I will be feeling great by tomorrow. I'm so tired today. But I made it through the open house we had, and went to an AA meeting, but made sure not to touch stuff and infect people. I've been washing my hands. I just feel a little nervous still, but I think I'm okay. I'll be in the clear tomorrow, hopefully! Wish me luck!

Sounds like you have influenza. To give you some solace,
    influenza is a respiratory illness. The virus effects the nose,
    throat, bronchial tubes and sometimes lungs. It causes fever,
    body aches and general malaise.

Some small children will v** with influenza from the high fever NOT because it is a virus of the stomach.

I know you feel bad. We all had it in my house one month
    ago. My best friend's daughter who is six developed it
    Friday. It is going around big time where I live. In fact,
    my community has been one big infestifest since about October. I
    can't go one day without hearing the horrors of so many people being
    sick with stomach viruses, flu, colds, pink-eye, strep throat,
    bronchitis. The big one has been the sv, but the others are there
    in full force. I am praying that at some time this stuff stops.