Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy So...sis has a v* bug *rant*

I'm not sure this is the right part of the forum but I really need to blow off some steam. My sis has been ill since early this morning and although I really am trying to be sympathetic, I still can't understand why you wouldn't hole up in your nice, cosy bedroom right next to the bathroom and move downstairs to the living room (a whole 2 floors away from the bathroom) to wretch an p* all over the floor here. I have a ton of work to do and I can't concenrate because I'm super anxious from the costant loud baulking. I just had a nice chat with her and I feel bad that she's ill but it's driving me mad. Going to my bf's house for a while to escape because even thouh I stayed in the room I can't stop shaing and the anticipation of ill she/won't she is even worse considering she informs the room in ever increasing urgent tones about 5 mins before she's ill but still won't move. Anyone else feel super guilty when stuff like this happens?

I think if you find it just annoying you sound like a recovered emet! If it was my sister sick i would have packed up and gone to my boyfriends for a week the minute she said she felt sick, there would be no way i could even stay in the same house let alone talk to her in the room where shes vomiting. That may sound selfish but my phobia with sv is that bad!

Default Re: So...sis has a v* bug *rant*

She sounds selfish. Why would you throw up all over the floor, and not go to the bathroom, especially if you're warning everyone 5 mins before it happens as she's obviously aware it's coming. Not only is that gross, it's also pretty inconsiderate to everyone in the house, from an exposure point of view. If it was my sister, I'd be well pissed off, I think you're doing really well!

My oh my I would be pretty mad myself! It's totally rude and disrespectful! And gross! I would pick up and leave also, who wants to spend their day listening to that?!? Good for you!

God I hate life with emet...

Its really nice to hear other people's views on this- glad I'm not the only one who would be annoyed but I hadn't thought of it from a recovery point of view so I suppose not running the second she was ill means I'm getting better? Thankyou veryone for replying- I don't know what I'd do it wasn't for this board! ;D

Why isn't she being sick in the bathroom? Is she a little kid or something? I would defintely be annoyed and probably a little pissed off. haha
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”