Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think my sister has a stomach bug! HELP!

Last time I posted on here (About a month ago) my little sister who is 5 had a stomach virus and was being sick. I was panicking big time and everyone who replied to me was being really nice but basically telling me not to panic (which is hard). Anyway. I hate it SO much, I got on a flight to Spain the next morning to stay with my Grandma I really HAD to be as far away from it as possible!!

So now... a month or so on. I went to pick up my sister from school today and when she was coming out the teacher came and informed the parents there had been 5 children in the class today that were sick and got sent home! PANIC ATTACK!!!! I'm panicking about the close contact my sister has been in with them, even if she hadn't (I mean it's hard not to in a small classroom) they've been sharing the same hot stuffy classroom and touching the same things... I'm terrified.

Tonight my sister had an upset stomach but didnt V. But she is lactose intolerant and has been eating bits of chooclate almost every day this week, she has had on off stomach ache all week but that's definitley because of the chocolate. My Mum said maybe tonight was just a build up of all that. But i'm really scared.

Now I have really bad stomach ache, and I feel sick. But I have IBS anyway so i never know if it's a stomachache because of IBS or because I'm ill. Right now i'm convincing myself i have the bug thats going around.

I'm So so so scared please help me! I want to go and stay at my friends house but at the same time i dont incase i have the bug and V there!!! I also want to get on another flight to Spain but there's none until Saturday and they're expensive then! HELPPPPP!!!!!!

Default Re: Think my sister has a stomach bug! HELP!

You know what might be helpful and cheaper Have your mom take you to the local emergency department. Tell the doctor there exactly how scared you are! The anxiety you are experiencing is the immediate problem. Insist they do something to help you. They can at least give you something to calm you. Running away is not really the answer. Wherever you go, there will be sick people. You need to get to the root of the real problem....your fear. Go see a Doctor. Now. That would be my advice.