Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Metal concerts...lol

I'm feeling like shit with myself today and I just needed to post an old success-story...

Went to a metal concert a while back, an all-day long festival (showed up at 2 and left around 10:30 in a club with a small stage indoors (about the size of half an elementary school gymnasium) and then a stage about the size of a warehouse where the larger bands played (Then a small stage outside where the nobody teen bands hung out) - all in a VERY cramped (like, you can't move your arms completely out 95% of the time), extremely hot club where water is $2.00 (no drinking fountain anywhere, no re-entry into the premises if you leave) - EVERYTHING salty (to make you buy more water) - my friends and I used the bathrooms obviously (there's a toilet near the door without a stall for all the drunk people to.. ahem... use) and were laughing as none of us washed our hands since it was definitely cleaner than to use the faucets (with no soap). Blood was on the floor when we walked in, too, which was funny and disgusting. Anyway so during the shows, our favorite bands come on and we go in and out of the mosh pits in the center - brutal as living HELL - we took breaks now and then to stand in the clumps of girls who weren't moshing but almost always get pushed back out into the pits (concrete floors and huge metal pylons and columns at some parts). One of the bands challenged the crowd to get 100 people crowdsurfing up past the security gates and in front of the stage - I got kicked in the face once, my friend lost his shoes and wore a pink sandal on one foot that he found in a mosh pit (where I found money, clothes and ripped-out ear gauges). At one point the headlining band was about to go on, and so they turned on the main lights to setup their own equipment and gear and we tried our best not to look down at the ground, it was DISGUSTING. Then they go on, this starts playing (one of my favorite songs) and somebody a few people away from me p* right in the middle of the crowd - disgusting - JUST as the lights go out and everyone starts jumping around and moshing. Ew. LOL. The whole show my ears are bleeding and I can taste (literally sometimes) the sweat of the person in front of me who feels an excessive need to flair his arms around for two and a half hours. We found a hat on the ground between bands, and my friend threw it at my face - yes, it hit my mouth, and yes, i freaked out for a little while till the next band walked up and I figured I might as well letitgo...

Oh, and I had just been getting over a urinary tract infection .

So there's my biggest personal victory, story, because I've been to two of these shows like that (then 6 wayyy more tame shows) and I had the time of my life - no idea how I survived any of it, but it was awesome.

Default Re: Metal concerts...lol

Sounds like you did good! No anxiety or anything, glad you had fun.

Default Re: Metal concerts...lol

I go through periods like that where I just let loose and try to be "normal" glad you shared!