Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sorry, know i've already posted - but really scared!

I've had on and off stomach ache all night coz of being scared of the stomach bug going around my sisters school, and now I feel really sick and im terrified! I really really can't cope with this!

I don't know how to describe it i just feel... sick!!! I don't know what it feels like just before you're sick because TOUCH WOOD it hasn't happened since I was about 7 (I'm now 18). But I can't sleep, and my stomachs all swishy too!

I would literally rather be dead than be sick. I'm so serious about it, my emetophobia is so bad that since I was 10 I've even had it all planned how I would kill myself if I were to throw up because I never want to go through it ever again! Im so upset right now, sorry for the rant im just really, really scared!

Default Re: Sorry, know i've already posted - but really scared!

You need to seek professional help. It really is the best for you at this point. If you are a risk to yourself, you NEED to go to the hospital. There is nothing we--strangers on a forum--can do for people when they reveal that they are suicidal. I know you think vomiting is horrible, but please, nothing is more horrible than losing your LIFE. Think about it; you only have ONE chance at life. There are far worse things than vomiting. Don't throw your life away because of a fear. I truly hope you receive the help you need and I hope you take care of yourself. It all comes down to you at this point. You are not going to get better unless YOU WANT to get better. You need to decide for yourself if you want to beat this phobia, or if you want to let it consume you. Please take my word for it when I say this; I have been in your position and I know it is not pleasant. I was hospitalized two years ago due to suicidal thoughts/tendencies for five days. I was very angry at first and I felt betrayed by everyone that I loved. In hindsight though, it was the best solution for me at that time and I am doing so much better now. I am now on anti-anxiety/depressant medication and taking everything one step at a time. It's important to know your limits and not to push yourself. I was a hazard to myself, as you are now. I do not regret seeking help; not one second of my life because I know this is the only chance at life I have. I'll be honest; everyone will have these thoughts during their life at one time or another. However, when someone speaks of suicide, it is just not a matter to be taken lightly. This is a human life we are taking about; your life I promise you that things will get better as cliche as it may seem, but I promise you it's true. Please take care of yourself and do not lose hope. Anytime you need someone to talk to or are having these thoughts, please message me!! I just hope you will realize life is so precious.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb333 View Post
    I've had on and off stomach ache all night coz of being scared of the stomach bug going around my sisters school, and now I feel really sick and im terrified! I really really can't cope with this!

I don't know how to describe it i just feel... sick!!! I don't know what it feels like just before you're sick because TOUCH WOOD it hasn't happened since I was about 7 (I'm now 18). But I can't sleep, and my stomachs all swishy too!

I would literally rather be dead than be sick. I'm so serious about it, my emetophobia is so bad that since I was 10 I've even had it all planned how I would kill myself if I were to throw up because I never want to go through it ever again! Im so upset right now, sorry for the rant im just really, really scared!
    Last weekend I had about the same situation - the school near my town had 150 kids out with noro, (in ONE DAY!!!) and my mom and sis both worked there - my sister both in the cafeteria, and the acfter-school childcare program. The same day I had a run-in with a couple people at school and was freaking out...

Against all other judgment I went over to my best friend's house for the night, just spent a few hours walking through the neighborhood talking, had a couple of those flavored cigars... I felt fine afterward. Didn't eat for a day or two, but I felt a lot better just to have the company that night, away from the stress at home.

Seriously - find a friend, and do something - whatever makes you feel good, do it.

I dont think any phobia would make me end my life. I urge you to seek professional help asap. No one here knows what to say to a suicidal person.