Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default REALLY really scared please help!

5 kids in my sisters class were all sent home after V today. Im TERRIFIED my sister will have brought it back with her and that I've got it!

Now I have REALLY bad stomach ache and I feel sick and im just so scared I want to die!

I do have IBS usually which is another thing, I can't tell if its IBS or the bug thats giving me stomach ache it just really hurts and i cant cope! I get tired and try to sleep but i cant sleep coz my stomach starts to hurt more and I think i need to go to the loo but then cant! And I get all shakey and hot and then cold! OMG I JUST CANT DEAL WITH THIS!

last time my sister had a bug I literally fled the country.. and I'm 18. I lived in my Grans empty house abroad on my own with hardly any money for a month. I would reallly rather die than be in this position right now. I dont want to be poorly.

Default Re: REALLY really scared please help!

You have to swallow virus particles in order to become infected. You were not even near those sick girls. I would keep my hands clean. If you are nervous being near your sister, just keep your distance. You will be fine!!

I have washed my hands after using the loo but apart from that just hand sanitizer is that ok? My tummy really hurts and is gurgling like mad. I've had d tonight now but who knows if it's ibs or a bug?!!!!! I'm telling myself it's the bug which I know is bad but I haven't had a flare up of Ibs let alone this bad for a while now! Is there a way to detrrmin the difference? Scared and want to die!!!!

Sweetie, from someone who has been in a very similar situation, I would advise you to try and relax. I know it's easier said than done. But try putting your mind on something else. I went though a brief time when I was not worrying about illness. My best friend was sleeping over...she had a BAD sv and she had v/d all night long. She was fine when she went to bed and woke up with it. She was sleeping in the same room as me. I didn't get it. Didn't even feel queasy.
    Anxiety can make you have diarrhea. It can make your stomach hurt and gurgle. What helps lessen my anxiety is going for a brisk walk. Exercise releases endorphines. These chemicals are like the body's "uppers". They make you feel better. Give you a sense of well-being. Or watch TV....a comedy. Have a good laugh if you can. Think positively. All will be well.

Thank you for being so understanding I've really never heard of anyone be so supportive of emet Than I have reading on this forum (coz we're all in the same boat but still!) I really do appreciate it! It is 1.30am now (I'm in the UK) and even when I have d from my ibs I struggle coming out of my room for a good couple of days in fear of it being a sv! Going out panics me more. I had d between 12 and half past (so an hour ago basically) I had a panic attack then put the Telly on as you said it helped me sleep but I wasn't in a very deep sleep.. I could still hear my thoughts of worrying and then some heavy rain just woke me back up for good! Surely I would have v by now in this time? Im still panicking argh!!!!!!!!! I just want to sleep and wake up well!!!!!

I really think the diarrhea you are experiencing is stress. I get diarrhea when I am nervous or stressed, too. It's very common for the body to react that way. Try the TV again...it helped you relax and sleep. Sleep is what you need. I am more than willing to help in any way I can. I wish I could help more. Relaxing is key. Try deep slow breaths.