Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Break Through

Guess what!

i was just in my kitchen getting a glass of milk and the tv was on and it showed some guys taking drinks out of glasses and spitting them onto people.. i don't know if they were v*ing... but it really looked like it... and i kindaf reaked out... but all i did was turn the tv off and kinda shake a little... and my hands are kinda frantic right now... but i'm not crying.. and i have my mind with me! HUGE thing for me!!!! YEA!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Does this mean i'm getting better? or am i just.. better right now? or something?[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

Just like you've probably heard before, emet seems to get better with time - you're on your way! I'm so happy for you!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I don't want to be negative, but emet doesn't always get better with time. Mine has gotten much worseover the past few years and I am in my thirties. I have had emet since I was little, but it never effected my life to the point where I couldn't go out until now. I used to be able to work, eat out, go on amusement park rides, go to bars. Now I can't do any of those things. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Like sweetfreak, my emet has also worsened with time... I recently have been very scared to be around even my best friends, for fear of catching some bug. That doesn't mean this is going to happen to you, though... just remember the feeling you had, and how you kept yourself calmer than usual, and try to do that again the next time a situation arises. During some of my better periods when I was younger, this helped me a lot.

<Zachary>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]i guess i shouldn't make assumptions like that, huh?

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]but hey, time hasn't stopped yet guys - you're sure to get better eventually, right?
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Wooo Great job!!!

I know for some people it gets worse and sometimes even goes and comes back again. (Personally I think there is some trigger that is a reflaction on what started that triggers it to be worse.)

Anyways it COULD be a step to becoming better. I know that mine SEEMS to be getting better. I still have BAD days and it feels like I have made no progress at all but I try not to think of it as a regression just somethning that will help make me stronger.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

see.. i'm confused now... have you seen that site on exposure therapy..? well..i thught i would try it today.. jsut to see how far i could get... and not kidding. the first picture with the eggs and the pumpkin picture freaked me out! so i dont' know... why didn't i get too scared when i saw the thing on tv yesterday.. but a picture of a cracked egg freak me out?[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

I think it is because it just happened. There was no build up or worry. With the exposer therapy you KNOW you are going in and KNOW you are going to see pics. I know that I was more worked up when I started it than when my baby got sick. It's ok that you felt that way. It is awsome that you decided to go there.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.