Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ugh... kids

Default Ugh... kids

Wednesday night my neice was sick, she threw up 3 times in several minutes but was better after that, she didn't throw up again and seemed to be a bit better yesterday. So my parents invited them over tomorrow for dinner - they say she was "playing with the other kids and seemed FINE yesterday!" well fuck that, she is 2 and has a 5 yo sister and they're ALWAYS SICK. Noro is going around and I know it gets airborne if someone uses the bathroom, the incubation period is 2 days so it'll be just in time for her and the other girl to both be infected and contagious enough to spread whatever they have by using the bathrooms and touching everything.

I hate kids.
    Last edited by JeremyEllison; 11-25-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Default Re: Ugh... kids

i don't think your going to get any decent replies here as most of us are parents. kids cannot help being sick and it's not their fault we as emets can act like crazy people. im sorta offended by your choice of words here.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    i don't think your going to get any decent replies here as most of us are parents. kids cannot help being sick and it's not their fault we as emets can act like crazy people. im sorta offended by your choice of words here.
    I don't care that you're offended, I'm allowed to vent just like anybody else here. Look at this forum, who the hell is anyone to tell someone else "wow your opinion is crap" - you disagree, fine, you disagree. Lesson learned is don't throw stones from your glass house, your opinion is no more valid than mine.

I don't like kids. They're gross, annoying, hedonistic, and unintelligent. Disagree if you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyEllison View Post
    I don't like kids. They're gross, annoying, hedonistic, and unintelligent.
    well looks who's talking... ive reported this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    well looks who's talking... ive reported this thread.
    Ooh good for you. You're trying to silence me because my opinion differs from yours. LOL I have nothing more to say to that. Who are you to tell me your opinion is any more legitimate than mine? How arrogant does one have to be to tell someone else "because I disagree with your opinion, you shouldn't be allowed to voice it"?

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyEllison View Post
    I don't care that you're offended, I'm allowed to vent just like anybody else here. Look at this forum, who the hell is anyone to tell someone else "wow your opinion is crap" - you disagree, fine, you disagree. Lesson learned is don't throw stones from your glass house, your opinion is no more valid than mine.

I don't like kids. They're gross, annoying, hedonistic, and unintelligent. Disagree if you feel like it.
    This is very unfortunate that you feel this way. I also take offense because my nephew, who is 19 months old and my niece is just a few mere weeks old, are obviously babies. I have this phobia as well, but I do not let that hinder me from being close with my nephew and my niece. I love them both so much and I play with them, hug them, hold them, kiss them, etc. You were a kid once as well; we all were. To say that they are 'gross, annoying, hedonistic and unintelligent' is a very very misconstrued perception. They are children who are learning and they are absolutely not at fault when they fall ill whether you like it or not; you are going to fall ill as well, so it is not rational to hate children especially because the reasons you stated are all illegitimate. I truly hope you get over this. Kids are wonderful.

No offense, DeadInside, but who are you or anyone else here to tell me what's rational or logical? My reasons are perfectly legitimate, I don't need your approval of them - you disagree with me, but you, like the above poster, make the mistake of asserting that your differing opinion makes me wrong. That's arrogance.

Everyone here needs to calm down. Jeremy doesn't like kids, you guys do. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Jeremy, your wording may have been a bit harsh. If you word it this way, you can probably expect that others might take issue with it. You are entitled to state your opinion, as is everyone else, but don't expect others to agree or necessarily get a positive response.

Everyone else, if Jeremy's opinion offends you, just ignore it. I usually ignore threads like this because I don't like to get involved or argue. People have their opinions and right or wrong, you can't expect to change people's minds with once post.

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend anyone with THIS post haha. I just hope that this forum can stay as peaceful as possible
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Just a question....how can anyone hate kids? What a miserable life that must be...just saying.

Post Deleted By Moderator. No personal attacks please.
    Last edited by asianeko; 11-25-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks

Last edited by asianeko; 11-25-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks

Last edited by asianeko; 11-25-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks

Actually, I have a pretty awesome life...I was just saying that it sucks that you hate kids, especially if you're an uncle...cause kids can tell when they are not loved. That's all.

I am going to report you as well. It's one thing to vent, but it's another thing to be a downright asshole to the members here in an attempt to get your point across.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I am going to report you as well. It's one thing to vent, but it's another thing to be a downright asshole to the members here in an attempt to get your point across.
    Hey, I wasn't the first one here to be an asshole - it's the f-ers who decide to tell me my opinion is wrong because it differs from their own. Unfortunately people like that don't take the hint to go f-ing burn and leave the rest of us in peace...

Section Deleted By Moderator. No personal attacks please.
    Last edited by asianeko; 11-25-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks

You're telling us to "f*ing burn"...I don't believe anyone else talked to you that way.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredsick View Post
    You're telling us to "f*ing burn"...I don't believe anyone else talked to you that way.
    I never said they did - I said they started assuming I was wrong because they disagreed with me.

Section Deleted By Moderator. No personal attacks please.
    Last edited by asianeko; 11-25-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks

I am not saying you were wrong to state your opinion-but I do think it could have been done in a less insulting manner. All the members here are here to support one another, but rude and insulting behavior need not be tolerated. I just think you need to think about what you type for a second or two before clicking 'submit'. I was simply stating my own opinion. I never said you were a horrible person or that your opinion is wrong. I did say it was unfortunate and I stated why I take offense to what you had said. I am not trying to make enemies on this forum as I am here for the same reason as everyone else, including you--to seek help and understanding from people going through this ordeal. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I am not saying you were wrong to state your opinion-but I do think it could have been done in a less insulting manner. All the members here are here to support one another, but rude and insulting behavior need not be tolerated. I just think you need to think about what you type for a second or two before clicking 'submit'. I was simply stating my own opinion. I never said you were a horrible person or that your opinion is wrong. I did say it was unfortunate and I stated why I take offense to what you had said. I am not trying to make enemies on this forum as I am here for the same reason as everyone else, including you--to seek help and understanding from people going through this ordeal. Good luck.
    Really? Telling me my opinions were "very very misconstrued perceptions" and that my "reasons stated were illegitimate" isn't telling me that my opinions are wrong?

Folks - we have a no-drama policy on this forum. Thanks to the people who reported this. Jeremy - this is your first and only warning. Please avoid using the word "hate" when it applies to any human beings. A second violation will result in you being banned.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as there is nothing constructive actually happening, just personal attacks back and forth. Remember personal attacks are not allowed. People are allowed to have varying opinions, just keep it civil.

You may find these links helpful!