Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here. Just a few questions.

So like everyone else here, I have had a fear of V ever since I can remember. I will do whatever it takes to not get sick. But it has got especially worse over the last few years. I'll find myself being extremely careful which foods I eat, how they are cooked, where I eat etc.

But I also notice, that at the very first tingle in my stomach if I get a stomach ache, I start pushing on my stomach to see just how bad it is, and to see if it feels bad enough to V or not.
    Does anyone else do that? If I can actually press on my stomach and it not hurt that bad, it generally calms me down.

Also, just curious what OTC meds are there to help from V. If there are any.
    I was babysitting 2 1/2 year old twins today, when one of them started V all over the floor and it put me in a panic.
    It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Default Re: New here. Just a few questions.

I also am very careful about what foods I eat. Not so much at fast food places, but I usually have a problem eating meats at restaurants.
    As for the medication question, I don't know of any that are specifically used for v*, but I know there are many to help ease nausea.

whenever my stomach starts feeling bad or whatever, i always press on my stomach to see how bad it is, too! rubbing my stomach always calms it down.

I understand that Gravol suppositories are used to help with vomiting when oral consumption is not possible. To ease nausea, there is Zofran, Phenergen, Reglan, etc. Although you generally need a prescription order from your doctor for these medications. I sometimes take Dramamine or Bonine, which is actually used for motion sickness, but I find it helps me at times. I also put pressure on my stomach sometimes, but I do it for the opposite reasons you do. I do it to help ease my anxiety. Applying pressure on the body can have a calming effect for some people. You just have to experiment and see what works for you. I am glad you found this site! I hope you find it to be helpful