Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Just took my Bactrim. Please respond

I just took my antibiotic for my uti.......and now I'm scared.......will I be ok??????? I don't have any known allergies to anything but I'm afraid I'll be allergic to the sulfa in it....will it make me v*?? I took it with food. I'm so scared.
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Default Re: Just took my Bactrim. Please respond

It's been an hour and 15 minutes since I took it. It won't make me v* will it, at this point??? I'm really really scared. Please help!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I think if you were going to V you would have by now. I had an allergic reaction to medication once and it was within the first hour. Is there anything you can do to calm yourself or take your mind off of it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You would have had a reaction by now if you were allergic to anything in it!

im allergic to sulfa drugs and my reaction was fast, and not v* just swollen throat etc. you should be okay, have you had anything to eat?

Interested to know how you got along with the Bactrim. I was just prescribed the same thing today for my UTI. I took it, but now I'm paying attention to every little twitch in my stomach I hate antibiotics!

If it was going to make your sick I would think it would immediately...although if you are allergic to it it can take days (sorry to scare you but...) my hubby is allergic to the cepa family of antibiotics and it took 5 days before he started with a high fever and hives all over his body...

I took one dose and felt ill about half hour later and have completely lost my appetite The thought of even taking another dose is making my stomach curdle. I took Erythromyacin one time, and this is how I remember feeling. Oy Vey!

You will be fine. If you are nervous, take a probiotic too
    Colleen

I did...I took THREE of them.

Not all antibiotics make you ill. I was just put on the zpack and im good. Just eat something with the meds.

Yeah. I don't ever have a problem with amoxicillin, but for a UTI, the doctor told me they don't prescribe that. I also don't have a problem with the Zpack either, but it seems everything prescribed for below the chest infections tears me up inside. And I ate a nice full lunch and took it, so it can't be that. I will continue to take it and hope the nausea subsides eventually...I hope!

yeah i did have some nausea today but alot of it is from my sinus infection. you just have to be careful taking antibiotics, they can cause an illness called c-diffcial. ive had it before and it's not fun, it's usually caused from penicillin based drugs which i cannot take. i also recommend a good probiotic to take.

sorry you weren't feeling well. I've been taking probiotics for years, so I've just doubled up on them since starting this Bactrim yesterday. I had to choke down my dose last night and ended up taking Benadryl because I was nauseated all night. Today when I took it, I drank two bottles of water behind it and didn't have any problems whatsoever. Maybe that's the key...or my body is adjusting to the medication. I've heard of the c-diffcial. I definitely don't want that! Probiotics are a WONDERFUL thing, aren't they???