Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is this anxiety and IBS?

God my stomach is being WEIRD! I'm actually not too anxious (which is a good thing) because I'm pretty sure it's a bad IBS flare up I've been havinf for the past week or so. Could I just have some opinions please?

Well I went to a Christmas fair today on behalf of my mum who makes like little sweet gift bags and all lovely stuff. I was nervous as I was doing the whole thing and was worried I wouldn't do her proud - silly I know!

Anyway, I had a hog roast roll at lunch. I wasn't going to because I NEVER eat meat out (unless it's beef) as that's just like my little OCD thing. But my other half persuaded me and it did taste AMAZING I must say!

So then I got some quite bad stomach pains and gurgling. I thought 'oh no' must be food poisoning but my other half was fine and he did say that because I never eat meat out it was more than likely me panicking. (He's very right on that one!) I went to the loo thinking I was going to have d* but it wasn't which suprised me. I had tummy cramps (I am on my period but they weren't period cramps) and only went a 'little' if you got me and I didn't feel very 'emptied.' Sorry way tmi!!

Then I've come home, stomach pains have been off and on and I've been to the loo twice within about an hour and a half?! The last time there was much more but I still feel 'unsatisfied.' The n* is coming and going. I THINK it's IBS/anixety but am a bit worried?

Default Re: Is this anxiety and IBS?

Okay so now the n* isn't really going and I feel like I need to go again. The n* feels stronger. I've taken a peppermint capsule.

I really want to eat my diner tonight as well as my mum is cooking a lovely hot dinner with sausages.

Sounds like the IBS symptoms I get when I eat something that irritates my intestines. Hog roast, while super-tasty, can be very irritating on a delicate digestive system.

This happened to me last night! I ate way too much thanksgiving leftovers and was convinced that I was sick. I think you will be fine! It is probably just IBS because you don't usually eat something so heavy. Enjoy your dinner!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!