Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OK... please help me here.

Yeah I know everyone here hates the fuck out of me because I said I don't like kids - the truth is I LOVE my neices and nephews, I have five of them, and I teach summer bible school to first graders every year. I don't hate kids. I hate the fact that they get sick, and that my parents invite them over to our house two days after that happens when things go around. OK? I got nervous and anxious.

That said, what is the risk that the 2 year old girl who threw up a few times (within several minutes) wednesday night (but seemed better after) will in some way transfer stuff through our house, today? Everyone else in their family seems fine now, are they past the incubation period / was this a norovirus?

Thank you...

J

Default Re: OK... please help me here.

If it helps any, my daughter is 3 and she had an actual sv in sept, and she threw up 4 times, and one of those times it was on me, the other times I had to hold the bucket, and then, clean all the vomit off her sheets, the floor, etc...and I didn't get sick and neither did my husband. So, if that helps. I highly doubt you will get sick. If anything, just spray some lysol in the bathroom after they use it, and make sure to wash your hands and keep them away from your face, and you will be fine.

Jeremy. I knew what you meant on the dreaded thread. I get it and understand exactly what you meant. Just wanted you to not feel isolated. Cool.

And as far as the sick kid. Well kids tu sometimes for no reason. I will spend time with my nephew and the next day find out he was sick. I get so pissed because they never tell me. But. Sometimes they just get sick and get things adults dont. So try and relax. Proper hygeine. You're good.

Jeremy - there's an article about norovirus and transmission on this website in the "Information and Research" section, and it's also on my website (link below). I think it will make you feel better if you read it. Cheers.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You should be fine since it didn't happen at your house and it was a few days later. It could have been anything. Kids v* over a lot of different things. You should also be fine if you take proper precautions.

I can see where J,E. is coming from, because I`ve felt like that at times, usually when I`m surrounded by hordes of kids screaming their heads of & generally being bad, like in supermarkets. I realise that most kids are nice enough if they`re brought up properly, but the trouble is that a lot of parents in this country don`t seem to care how their kids behave, & let them run riot. Having said that, I would say that the worst thing a bout kids is that they catch all these bugs, then pass them to everyone, which is why I couldn`t take a job in a primary school, I also think one of the main reasons that I have`nt had a sv for so many years is that I live on my own with no contact with children.