Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation need some help, please read.

as you may have read in my previous posts, i was down in new jersey for thanksgiving, the drive was long and strenuous, i had to stop a few times at rest stops(ugh the germs), and we ate at a diner friday morning, i am so scared i may have gotten a sv from the food. I have felt tired all day but i thought it could be from the drive etc. then i was out shopping and i started to get a little n* that wasnt too bad just yucky and it went away, i put up xmas lights and was feeling a little hungry so i made some soup and ginger tea, i ate the bowl fast and drank a few sips of tea. I also worked this am from 11-4:30 and ate a lot of food, i was so hungry at work. beans, rice, pulled pork, chicken baby chimichanga(its fried), and now i just feel so scared and a little yucky, but not really n* it just keeps coming and going when i think about it. help please..

Default Re: need some help, please read.

This sounds like it's pure anxiety. If you were really coming down with something you probably wouldn't have eaten as much as you did. Try to do something to take your mind off of it. If you wash your hands properly at these stops you are more then likely going to be okay. It's not a death wish to go to places like rest stops and restaurants like we emets sometimes think. Just try to calm down. I wish you the best

my boyfriends dad ate the same thing as me at the diner, he would feel sick by now too right?? same with everyone else at the diner that was with us? i now feel gassy, maybe the beans at work made my bowls icky?? my face feels hot right now, my ears and sinus area really hurts on my head. and my throat....

Everyone would most likely feel bad by now. You're symptoms really just sound like nerves to me. Try to get your mind off of it. It may really help you. And even if you end up sick it's better to be calm then to be an anxious mess. I know that it's easier said then done, believe me I've been there too, but it would really help you.

i just ate some more soup, i dont feel sick per say like i feel like if i was sick i would be like shaking and chills and just pure aweful, im just gassy and it hurts like sharp gas pains in my lower abdomen. i dont remember what its like to have a sv. *KNOCK ON WOOD* its been over 10years since i had it. i was soooo little.

It's good you don't feel sick. I really don't remember either. It's been 6 years for me. *knock on wood also* Haha. I think that always makes it worse for emets. We freak out over every little pain or gurgle because we sometimes forget what real n* feels like.

right, i mean i know what n* feels like as i have severe cramps every month from my time of the month and man do i get n* and i just know anyone else would v*... but i just forget sv stuff. i was so little, i feel like im due or something. i mean people go their whole lives without getting it. i had so many times as a kid EVERYONE in my house was sick and i wouldnt get it. for years and years. one year i think i did get it but only had d*.