Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Need advice, quick. Completely ot

Okay. This is seriously off topic but I really have nobody else to ask anymore so I need help.

First off, my boyfriend and I have broken up almost 2 months ago and I really don't want to get into that story right now.

ANYWAY, there is this guy that works at a store I go to all the time and I'm really into him. But the thing is, we have never actually talked. I know he's into me because he always smiles and waves at me when he sees me walk in. But anyway, onto what I need help with. I found his facebook through mutual friends. Should I add him or should I not add him? I really have a hard time talking to him while he's at work because, well, he's at work. For people that are familiar with Target, he works at the guest service desk so he's literally busy with that all day. I really want to talk to him and get to know him but it's impossible.

I feel like a stalker for all of this

Default Re: Need advice, quick. Completely ot

I'd add him. I never talked to my crush in real life before but he always smiled back at me. One day i added him on facebook and we finally started talking. He's been my boyfriend for 2 years now. All because I added him on facebook.

I feel so weird for posting this on this forum but honestly I don't have any emet problems anymore. Just guy problems. haha. But anyway, thanks for your input I'm still deciding... Your story kind of gave me a little hope, I'm just so self conscious!

The words 'nothing to lose' come to mind here. As he's busy at work all day, then it shouldn't be too much of an issue if he doesn't accept your friend request, as theoretically you won't need to talk to him/work directly with him by the sounds of it.

However, if he accepts your request, who knows where it might lead? Of course rejection, even online, can be tough, but Hannah's nice story should be enough to persuade you to take the chance.

I've been having a similar thought process myself lately. A few years ago in 2006 I met this guy in a nightclub in my old university town. I'd graduated and was hosting a society event. He was still an undergrad and had joined the society. I remember him flirting with me and saying how athletic I looked (I don't do any sport!). Only when he added me as a friend on FB did I realise he was actually a good looking guy who I had loads in common with.

Browsing FB the other night I realised he was still good looking! But now he's graduated he lives in Switzerland and works at a top notch bank and does nothing but skiing and have fun. Now I'm feeling like I missed the boat a bit. Then I thought I should send him a FB message making up some nonsense that I'd like to visit Switzerland! Mostly because a) I'm bored and unemployed atm and b) my life sucks right now and I want something amusing to happen. But I don't know whether to bother with it!

Add him, it's not creepy at all, these days everyone is facebook friends. It might even spark up a few conversations. The awkward part will be when you have to decide to follow him on twitter or not lol.

Add him! Like Kazzia said, you have nothing to lose! Besides, who knows where it could lead? You've got to take a chance!

And trust me, adding him on facebook is not creepy/stalkerish at all! Besides, if he smiles and waves at you whenever he sees you, he'll probably recognize your face from your dp.

I decided to just message him first, and he definitely knew who I was haha. We're talking now, I'm just hoping to GOD it leads somewhere... he seems to get a lot of attention from other girls so that doesn't make me feel too confident :/

haha! I used to work at Target in the Guest Service dept. Did that for 2 years. Let me tell you, he's WAITING for a distraction!

I'm glad you messaged him! I have a bunch of co workers on my FB as well, so it's not stalkerish at all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.