Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default still contagious?

random question .. ive been on cefprozil for about a week now for a sinus infection.. my mom just got bronchitis yesterday (started showing symptoms yesterday) and i accidently drank out of her water bottle all night to take my advil, with my dinner, stuff like that. cefprozil also treats bronchitis.. do you think i still have a chance of catching bronchitis from her? i took my last cefprozil last night before dinner and drank the water bottle throughout the night before i realized it was hers. i dont really care bc ill take anything over the sv lol but im just curious

Default Re: still contagious?

bronchitis is a secondary infection. You can still catch viruses, especially while on antibiotics since it lowers your resistance to everything, but you won't get another infection like bronchitis.

so i can get sick from her but not bronchitis? like a cold virus or something less major?

Yes, it is definitey possible, especially being on antibiotics yourself. Antibiotics kill everything in your body, even the good bacteria that kills off germs. You should up your Vitamin C and take some probiotics if you already aren't...and of course, don't drink after her and keep your hands clean, which I'm sure you already do.

im done with my antibiotics today, and was already exposed to her so i guess ill just keep away as much as i can now and hope for the best! hopefully i dont get a cold or bronchitis or anything but i work in the to-go part of applebees so im in and outside all night 5 nights a week which doesnt help my immune system at all, im always freezing! so ill just drink lots of oj and just hope for a healthy next few weeks haha thanks!