Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Latest major trigger.. need some reassurance on what this could be? :(

Hello all,

I would really appreciate some urgent reassurance on some tummy trouble I'm having today. I have no one to reassure me and I know my anxiety is making it no better, but it is actually physical rather than brought on by anxiety like usual, so it is terrifying me.

It is kind of like an upset stomach, just discomfort and occassionally a dry mouth/weird taste in mouth. Had some nausea this morning but that isn't uncommon and was probably anxiety related I think. No actual d* but (sorry in advance) fairly loose bm shortly after I'd eaten lunch, and regular this morning. A few days ago I increased my dose of Propranolol, the beta-blocker, and I'm wondering what the likelihood of it being side effects from that to be causing this is? I feel slightly off my food, but think that is more through fear of being s*. I have almost permanent discomfort in stomach, just general no specific area, but feels different to digestion type feelings. I also feel like the urge to go to the bathroom, what is this? My stomach was gurgling last night and I had thai chicken sauce which before has given me d*, kinda like a IBS thing.

Really I am asking, do my symptoms suggest food poisoning or any sort of thing that might make me v*? What is the likelihood of this happening? I have had so many panic attacks and am crying and have a 3 hour course to go on in less than an hour and I need to feel slightly reassured that I will be okay. Please help

Default Re: Latest major trigger.. need some reassurance on what this could be? :(

I hope you feel better now! It doesn't sound like fp or an sv to me. And though you say it didn't begin with anxiety, when you first started feeling bad the anxiety kicked in and probably made it way worse. It happens to me alot! Also, if you've had IBS it could totally be that, which hardly ever causes someone to v*. I hope you made it through your class ok and that you feel better now!

Default Re: Latest major trigger.. need some reassurance on what this could be? :(

It sounds like a possible IBS flare up in addition to your anxiety. The beta blockers could have something to do with it, but I am not entirely sure. If you upped the dosage, then it is likely that could be your answer because your entire system is forced to adjust to the increased amount. I hope you feel better now!

I've had IBS for quite a number of years and this sounds a lot like it! I've had the same thing today myself actually. It doesnt sound anything like and sv or fp so I'm pretty sure you'll be ok!