Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Prevention of Stomach Viruses?

I have been doing a lot of research on this in the past few months, but is there a certain vitamin or supplement that may help prevent getting a stomach virus? I read online that zinc, vitamin c, and vitamin d all prevent from colds and flu, but do they also help in prevention of stomach viruses? What about probiotics? There are many different opinions online, and i don't know what to believe. Just wondering what you guys know about prevention of stomach viruses.

Default Re: Prevention of Stomach Viruses?

Unfortunately, there is not a fool proof way to prevent yourself from becoming infected from a stomach virus such as noro. However, if you boost your immunity by taking probiotics and take proper hygiene precautions, you have a much better shot at avoiding becoming contaminated, or at the very least, being able to fight it off with the mildest of symptoms. Just remember how important it is to take care of yourself! Make sure you eat enough and get an adequate amount of sleep each night. All these variables will factor into preventing future infections. Probiotics are definitely worth a shot though! I am also looking to give them a try. Good luck!

Thank you! I've been taking lots of vitamins and probiotics and eating very well so I'm hoping I have a shot to fight off any of the virus. Thanks for the advice!!!

Well, you are definitely taking all the right steps! You definitely have a shot! You're welcome

I am a strong believer that with proper eating, the right vitamins and supplemnets you can be healthy and fight and or/have mild symptoms of any virus you come across. I am also a firm believer in probiotics...I give them to my kids and at first signs oftummy troubles we up our intake! Nothing is better then good hygiene also! With all that combined you can live a pretty healthy life!

All that sounds good with me! Thanks! I also believe in probiotics....they seem to work pretty well!

My doctor told me about probiotics, but I have heard negative effects of them, such as them messing with your bowel habits and stuff like that. Do they really work ?

What negative have you heard? I have never heard anything negative on quality ones...probiotics are a natural bacteria in the gut...also found in yogurts...

Would eating a yogurt a day be an adequate amount of probiotics or would you have to actually take a supplement?