Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Night time:(

Default Night time:(

Is night time worst for anyone else? I literally don't sleep..hate this!

Default Re: Night time:(

I could have sworn I typed this, haha just kidding. In all honesty, it is extremely difficult to make it through the night sometimes. It is when my anxiety reaches its peak and I constantly feel on edge so to speak. It used to be very hard to attempt to talk myself out of a panic. Many nights I would call my boyfriend very late at night sobbing because I was so upset and frustrated with myself. It eventually took a toll on him because he felt he was at a loss and did not know how to help me. That is when I had to help myself. I now take sertraline (Zoloft) to manage my anxiety and it has been a tremendous help. In addition to the anxiety/depression, I also suffer from insomnia, therefore, I take Unisom to regulate my sleeping patterns. Unisom, Sominex, Dramamine, etc. are effective in helping you fall asleep. I do know how frustrating it is to lie awake for hours on end waiting and praying for the sun to rise. It feels like you are the only one awake while the world is sleeping and it is not a nice feeling to have. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me I am usually up fairly late, so do not hesitate. I hope you are able to get to sleep soon.

everything you just said describes exactly how i feel! lol so weird, but thank you so much it helps to know other people feel this way. im not so sure tonights gonna be a good night of sleep, my mom has a really bad cold/bronchitis and i accidently shared 2 drinks with her like an idiot so im feeling a little out of it, hopefully i fight it off though!

You're welcome! It truly does help out quite a bit to know we are not alone. Well I am sorry your mom is ill. I hope you did not pick up anything from her! Feel better