Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Baby's well visit tomorow at pedi office

Well, this is the time I dread. My baby has his 4 month visit tomorow morning and I dread him catching something while there. This pediatrician office has a well entrance and a sick entrance with separate waiting rooms , thank God. But once in the examining room with the Dr.is what Im afraid of. What if they put us in an examining room that a sick kid was just in?? I would hope they take precautions there as well...I dont need my precious little 4 month old picking up a nasty bug while there or from the examining him.
    He needs his check up and shots which I dread anyway, he has to go, but Im so nervous

Would it be rude or weird of me to ask for a exam room where no sick kids were that day?? we just moved, so this is my first visit there.

Default Re: Baby's well visit tomorow at pedi office

Well if they have two separate entrances, I would think they would be careful about the examination rooms as well. However, even if that is not the case, doctors' offices are sanitary. Everything is properly disposed of and any object that has been contaminated is disinfected. I do not think it would be rude to ask for a 'well' exam room, but I would not say it's completely necessary. I really think you have nothing to worry about. I hope your little guy's appointment goes smoothly

Aww thanks for replying...this has been bothering me for weeks now. And I can hardly sleep tonight.
    Just gotta get it done and over with I guess. You are right about disinfecting...I would certainly hope they are diligent about it. hope his new Dr washes his hands good!!
    The waiting rooms are far away from each other which Im happy about too..other side of the building
    ! Thanks again for listening!

You are welcome! Don't worry, they HAVE to be diligent about it. I honestly believe you have nothing at all to be concerned about!

I also dread going to the doctor with my son. If at all possible I will have one of my parents come and wait in the car with him while I wait inside for them to call his name. I am super paranoid because they have morning walk in clinic from 8-9 for people who were sick after hours (so its usually the really sick kids who come in) and they sit on both sides in the morning (sick and well side) so I feel like the well side is also contaminated. After every visit I count down until it has been 72 hours and then breathe a sigh of relief that he hasn't come down with anything lol

well, today was the day..my anxiety was through the ROOF!! What bothered me was that the Dr. put his bare hands in my babys mouth to check for teeth. GOD HELP ME!!! He is well known pediatrician and well loved...very nice and sweet. But I wanted to die.
    I am now PRAYING he had washed his hands BEFORE he came in the room.
    WHY ME???

Awww I completely understand! My son just had his 2 1/2 year well check today. It doesn't bother me most times, except during this time of year Today he was playing in this nook they have where the carpet has a little road painted on it and stuff. He had a few of his little cars. This girl came up and started talking to him and picked up one of his cars and was playing with him. Of course what was going through my head was, Omg she probably goes to daycare, and all the kids in daycare are sick right now and she probably doesn't wash her hands. Ughhhhh and she had a big wet spot on her shirt (she probably spilled juice on it or something) but of course I freaked and thought she v* on herself! But she was there with her mom and grandma and newborn little sister so they were just there for the baby's checkup. Luckily my son loves to wash his hands so we did that after his appt before we left. I always wash my hands right there in the exam room and hand sanitizer my hands in the car.

And where do you live that they have two entrances?!?!!?! You're lucky!!

And I'm sure you'll both be fine!