Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Dont you have to come in contact with the v* or d* by not washing hands, etc, etc to get the virus. I am sure that some of you have read the posts on my daughter.

Is their any possible way for her to get a stomach virus when she has been home for 10 days? (I took her to the doctor today). No one in my house has been sick. My boys are home all the time because I home school.

What are the ways to actually get the virus. I know the obvious ways...being around someone sick etc. But is their any possible way for her to get it otherwise. She has only been around us...I am just SO paranoid that she has a sv...

I hope the ones reading this read my posts about Madison's situation.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

It is highly unlikely that she has a stomach virus. The only way hse could have gotten it if she has not been out of the house for 10 days is for someone to have brung it to her. That is by going out, touching a contaminated surface and coming back and touching somthing in the house, then she touches the same surface and puts her hands in her mouth. That is highly unlikely, but not impossible. Try not to worry, how long has she been sick for? I am going to go back and reread your other posts again. Both of you will be ok. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, it has been 3 nights since my hubby was sick, and 6 nights since my daughter was sick and I Haven't gotten the dreaded bug as of now. I hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon. I don't think she has a s bug.

The sv is transmitted through oral route. That means that someone would have to have the virus, either v* or d*, and have it on their hands or other body parts, and depost it on a surface. Then you would have to touch that surface, then touch your mouth. That is the way sv are transmitted. Unless someone has brought the virus home, it will be impossible for anyone in the house hold to get it. If you are still worried, just practice good hygeine and wash your hands before putting them near your face. But I am sure everyone is fine.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Thank you! I thought so.

Sorry to obsess...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Don't worry about obssessing, thats what we are here for!!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Thank you. I know I havent posted much on other posts lately and I am sorry. My brain has been way too busy to think about anything else but whats been going on with Madison.

Thanks again!