Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down just upset and I am sick of worrying!!!!

I was so damn worried about my babys well check up today , where he gets weighed and checked and his shots... because I HATE going into a sick infested pediatricians office...
    Well, the Dr. was super duper nice and sweet and is well known and everything... but I thought all was said and done and then he checked my babys gums for teething with his bare hands!!! Without washing his hands.. I WANTED TO DIE!! WHY ME???? WHY???
    Now on top of worrying about his vaccinations agreeing with him, now I gotta worry about him getting sick from that now.
    I hope and pray to GOD that he washed his hands BEFORE he came in the room. I dont get it!!
    Now I gotta pray extra hard he doesnt get sick from there. I thought I had handled everything well with the waiting room and exam room..then this happened. *sigh*
    Just what I dreaded....hope he is not contaminated now!!!
    Everyone is sick of hearing about it too..my hubby and my mom. They tell me to STOP.
    Can I just die now??? I mean..seriously?? Why do I have to live like this??
    I hate being like this..I hate dreading being sick... now I gotta worry about my son.
    Last edited by ren2005; 11-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: just upset and I am sick of worrying!!!!

i'm pretty sure he washed his hands before coming into the room.....i think that's second nature for a doctor to do that. i doubt he would intentionally do something that could cause illness to any child.

so find a good distraction for yourself and try and relax
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Asolutely the Doc would be very careful about not spreading germs to a young baby. If there was a risk he would not have done that. I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for replying....I keep thinking about it. Nobody understands my fear...so its good to come here and vent. Being a mom is hard work.

I remember having some of those thoughts during well checks too. But I do believe drs are VERY careful about washing hands between patients. I'm sure your little one is just fine. I can tell you that out of the many well baby checks we've gone to, I don't recall anyone picking any illness up.

I am pretty sure he washed his hands! My kids ped washes his hands when he walks into the room it makes it reassuring! But try not to stress! I know its so hard (I HATE dr offices also!) but I am sure everything would be ok! I would be more worried about the shots and the side effects of that then the dr dealing with sick kids then yours....also too I don't know about yours but our normal ped rarely sees sick kids, as a matter of fact in 5 years I have been takking my son there he has never seen him when he was sick always another dr saw him for sick visits....