Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oil of Oregano

Exclamation Oil of Oregano

I was recently made aware of a product called Oil of Oregano. I have friends that swear by it, saying it boosts the immune system and will flush out any virus/germs in the body. One friend said he and a group of people were on a trip to India. They all got a very bad case of food poisoning, and all were not able to hold anything down. He lost 10 pounds. He was offered Oil of Oregano and the V* stopped within 10 minutes. I am not a doctor and have not tried it myself, but it is easily acquired (can buy it at a Walmart) and it's not overly expensive. Something worth looking into.

Default Re: Oil of Oregano

I heard the same thing...also good to inhale with steam when you have a cold. I want to investigate as well.

went and checked this out at my local health food store. they carry the oil....pretty pricey.....and we had a discussion about it. she says it pretty much kills everything in your intestines.....and that you absolutely must take a probiotic with it.....she gave me some literature about it so i'm giving it some thought......it also kills nail fungus which has been a huge problem for me too......

look forward to hearing if anyone here has tried it...
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I`ll give that a try if it`s not too expensive.

what would happen if you took it without a probiotic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im guessing that because it kills all the bacteria in your intestines, you'd need the probiotic to keep the "good" bacteria in your system with the oil. I've never heard of this though, sounds interesting.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I use essential oils for lots of things! Headaches, colds/flu, I used peppermint and fennel for a sv* and oregano after to boost the immune system up! Love them!

oil of oregano does destroy all the bacteria.....good and bad. the owner of the store said that you must take a probiotic with it. i asked her if eating yogurt was sufficient to replace the good bacteria and she said absolutely not......of course you can still eat the yogurt but you need to take a probiotic with it.

still waiting to hear from someone who's on this regiment ....wondering if they have any stomach issues or bowel issues from taking it........
    how i feel about emet

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    oil of oregano does destroy all the bacteria.....good and bad. the owner of the store said that you must take a probiotic with it. i asked her if eating yogurt was sufficient to replace the good bacteria and she said absolutely not......of course you can still eat the yogurt but you need to take a probiotic with it.

still waiting to hear from someone who's on this regiment ....wondering if they have any stomach issues or bowel issues from taking it........
    We ingest it only when feeling I'll...and I run us down with it...like you said its a detoxer and your feet are the most porous part of your body...so my kids get their feet rubbed down and socks put over them before bed! And when sick with cold I mix it with lavender and rub all over the body neck and down!

that's interesting.......i thought it was to be taken daily as a preventative......think i need to do some more reading
    how i feel about emet

Yes...essential oils are used outside the body and in the body. Personally I wouldn't take it everyday.although I read in my book that oregano acts like a probiotic, not kills alll the good bacteria, I'll have to go back reading. But I do know I love them! I have been using them for quite awhile and my kids think its cool to put the oil on their feet!

What about just adding oregano to your food?

paisley...it's different that the oregano we use for cooking....

it definitely KILLS the good and bad bacteria in your digestive track so does not work like a probiotic......you have to take a probiotic to get the good bacteria back into your system. it is available in oils and capsules. the oil says to put a few drops under your tongue.........
    how i feel about emet