Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ipecac Crazy People!!!

Seriously ^^ - these people are nuts. About half of them are chugging this stuff on $20 bets, after eating some disgusting foods first. Hell, I think if even my LIFE Was at stake in the bet I'd have to seriously consider it first...
    Last edited by sage; 12-01-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Graphic/scary link

Default Re: Ipecac Crazy People!!!

Seriously, WHY are you posting this here? You know this is a support board for people with a phobia, right? I think you've been warned before, so hopefully the mods will see this very soon and ban your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    Seriously, WHY are you posting this here? You know this is a support board for people with a phobia, right? I think you've been warned before, so hopefully the mods will see this very soon and ban your ass.
    Wow??? Seriously, chill out. This is the General Discussion Board, and it's a perfectly reasonable discussion about how I find it amazing that people can put themselves through what I consider to be the most frightening circumstances, on a bet. There's no reason to turn up your nose at me and get rude.

Nice powertrip.

You have to remember v doesnt bother people as much as it does us emets.

Id delete that link, this board is for support. You probably just sent 20 people into panic attacks clicking that.

I think you will find by the amount of posts you're about to get here how inappropriate your post is. Fine that you find it "amazing." not fine that you post a link like that with no warning and no sensitivity to members who would be disturbed by this. I'm not even in a very terrible place with my emet, and I am disturbed. I've reported this thread. Hopefully others will too!
    No powertrip, I've just got a little class and compassion...AND I am an ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    You have to remember v doesnt bother people as much as it does us emets.

Id delete that link, this board if for support. You probably just sent 20 people into panic attacks clicking that.
    Dude, I go through the SAME THINGS you do - I have the same fear. I DO remember that, that's the point of this POST - I'm surprised at the extent of it.

Damn...

There are some people on here who can't even look at the word in print, much less click on a link like that.
    Yeah, Damn...

I agree with the gang here Jeremy. I think I understand where you're coming from too, but from now on just talk about the concept without giving a link. Say something like "I saw this video on youtube.....etc. etc."
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think these people are crazy too, I mean, I would`nt take that stuff for any amount of money.

Hairy, we don't see it the same way as other people. We're emets. To a lot of people, puking is like sneezing is to us. To them, it's no big deal. It's obviously no big deal to someone who is willing to not only induce vomiting but to be recorded doing it. Of course, probably 99% of people wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean the people who do are crazy. To them, we're the crazy ones. We put an extraordinary amount of effort into avoiding what they regard as an ordinary bodily action, like sneezing.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I knew a kid in middle school who did it for money. He got in a lot of trouble, but made out with 200 bucks.

You may find these links helpful!

Oh my gosh, I could never ever ever do that :/ even if I was offered money.

I would still consider them crazy. haha even if we are crazy to them. Its disgusting and degrading to purposely vomit for money. eww

O.O thats scary
    my sister's boyfriend did that to himself; had a milkdrinking contest and knew it would make him v but he did it anyway. i try to hide it from people but my fear can be pretty obvious once you meet me, so he knew i was afraid of v and told me this story. i said he shouldn't have done that, and he goes "well, another reason we got sick might have been because the milk went bad after sitting out so long."
    seriously, now i'm afraid of leaving my milk on the table for more than 5 minutes. :c

All I can say is gross
    Colleen