Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I am new here

Default I am new here

Hi. I am 17 years old and I have been struggling with this for three years. Just last week I found out what it was called. I am on prozac now and they put me on Zanex for emergencies. I am slowly getting better, but I cannot handle when people say they are sick, I run from the room as fast as I can. I cannot even watch vomiting on a movie without starting to feel anxious. I use to feel crazy but now I know I am not alone. It helps. It is like an eating disorder for me, because it prevents me from eating. Any suggestions??

Default Re: I am new here

Hi Tay. It sure helps to know you not alone in this doesn't it!...I know it does me. If i could offer advice, it would be to try and eat regularly and eat healthy foods. Not eating does not prevent illness, however it will compromise your immune system. I'm willing to bet that because of the meds you are on you will continue to see improvement in your fears. You also have all of us on this forum as a 'support group'. Good luck.

Default Re: I am new here

Welcome! Have you tried seeing a therapist or doing CBT?