Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It is starting here now....

I went to get my daughter from the bus stop, when one of the moms that is always there wasn't I asked the other mom where she was and she said that her daughter v*d in the morning and couldnt go to school. Can I say instant panic! My daughter is not in her class and does not sit with her on the bus, but I feel like we are contaminated we live on the same street. I know it sounds crazy but it is exactly how I feel. Would it be silly of me to take my daughter to school tomorrow incase the mom lets her come back tomorrow just so she is not around her or her 2 brothers? They are not the cleanest people either. I do not mean to be mean but she never cleans her house. And the kids always have their hands in their mouths. My daughter is also emet so I do not want to let her know because she will flip out, she is already having panic attacks about christmas coming and she already has signs of OCD too. I just needed to get it out. I felt n* as soon as she told me. We are all taking vitamins and probotics so hopefully it helps!

Default Re: It is starting here now....

Ive learned a few things with my kids. You can clean as much as you want and teach them good hygiene. If they are going to get sick they will, theres nothing you can do. My daughter also has panic and is an emet. Probiotics and vitamens wont prevent noro.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Ive learned a few things with my kids. You can clean as much as you want and teach them good hygiene. If they are going to get sick they will, theres nothing you can do. My daughter also has panic and is an emet. Probiotics and vitamens wont prevent noro.
    Very true about kids getting sick. There really is no tried and true way to definitely prevent noro, but good hygiene, vitamins and probiotics CAN reduce the risk of you contracting it and can definitely make symptoms more mild than if you didn't do any of those things. I had it in January and so did my bf. I didn't vomit and only had a couple bouts of d* and was completely better in a few hours. He, on the other hand, was much sicker, and it lingered on for days and days for him. Just up your defenses and work on being rational

I know whatever virus i currently have "non noro" has been kicking my butt for 8 days now.

Thanks guys! It just makes me crazy and I am so worried that if my daughter who is emet gets it how she will handle it. Her sister v*d a few weeks ago because she cried too much (she has done that before) and my 6year old who has emet did not eat hardly anything but cheerios for days. She didnt sleep at all that night and was a mess. The doctor that she sees has just started her on Prozac so I hope to see an improvement. I am just flipped out right now.

this thing we have is terrible, the funny thing is i know why i have it but i cannot get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    this thing we have is terrible, the funny thing is i know why i have it but i cannot get rid of it.
    I think the majority of us know why we have it. There are a few who don't, but I know from reading stories, a lot of us know exactly where it stems from, even though I've also read that no traumatic event has to happen. I know many of us who had a traumatic event, me included. I wish we all knew how to get rid of it!

Well this is interesting, my therapist asked me the other day if I was ever molested as a child. I said no but I asked her why she asked me that and she told me a phobia of vomit is normally not normal, it happens bc there was another issue in the persons past and that issue manifests into a phobia, normally hypochondria, vomit etc. But I have some other issues so we are trying to figure out the root of my phobia, it's certainly not from being sick, bc I was never sick as a kid except for 3 times and have never had a virus

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    Well this is interesting, my therapist asked me the other day if I was ever molested as a child. I said no but I asked her why she asked me that and she told me a phobia of vomit is normally not normal, it happens bc there was another issue in the persons past and that issue manifests into a phobia, normally hypochondria, vomit etc. But I have some other issues so we are trying to figure out the root of my phobia, it's certainly not from being sick, bc I was never sick as a kid except for 3 times and have never had a virus
    I don't think it necessarily has to be from being sick when you were a child. I learned through therapy that it can be from fear of losing control (I was punished severely for even crying or complaining at all when I was a kid, and my dad was a very controlling, mean alcoholic.) Interestingly, I was molested as a child by a neighbor, but so was my sister. She is in no way emetophobic, and my fear was there way before I was molested. My mom says she first noticed it the first time I was sick a year or so after a little boy threw up all over me in a van on the way to the airport to fly home from Japan. I had to ride 18 hours in planes with it in my hair and on my coat. I don't like to fly either