Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I started getting panic attacks again and my roommate is SICK?!

So about two or three weeks ago I got food poisoning from my stupid college's food. (The salad in particular, guess who isn't eating healthy ever again?) It was weird because I tried so hard not to throw up and was so scared, but I knew I couldn't fight it and just let it happen. After I thought... why the hell am I so terrified all the time? That's not even bad!

This whole time since I moved into college I haven't even worried that much. Of course people get food poisoning all the time and the stomach bug went around which I was terrified of every moment of every day, and there was one time when my roommate almost threw up, but she didn't. I have been like, feeling SO good and panic attack free, even after I threw up 3 weeks ago.

I was just at the gym on Monday, running on the treadmill and I started having a panic attack. I got myself to stop, like usual, but after that I keep getting them. Now that my roommate threw up in our bathroom I had like a serious panic attack where I almost passed out in my bed, stood up and almost fell over and now I'm crying. I've had to pee for the last 2 hours but I don't go to the bathroom.

I don't know what to do My roommate said she thinks its food poisoning and that she cleaned it but I don't trust her.

Default Re: I started getting panic attacks again and my roommate is SICK?!

Sounds more like you got a sv* and not food poisoning from a salad unless you know without a doubt and was tested that it was food poisoning...that being said you could have had a sv* and your roommate could very well have it herself...a lot of food poisoning cases are actually someone working around the food and they are sick and do not have proper hygiene (nasty huh?) that being said use the restroom and wash your hands well! Buy some Lysol and spray the heck out of your whole house!