Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! New to this site**

I am in desperate need of help. I am in high school and I have a huge fear of v*. I have very bad anxiety and my panic attacks are not good. I cry and break down and the only person who can calm me down is my mom because she has anxiety too. I just need someone to relate to and I need to know that someone else is out there with the same problem as me. I do not eat breakfast because I'm scared that if I do, I will get sick. When I do eat breakfast (very rare), I work myself up and actually start feeling bad. Whenever I hear of someone being sick I completely panic. My heart just drops. If I hear someone that was around me was sick, I freak out and cannot control myself. I won't eat and I'll just completely shut down. When I was younger, I was hospitalized with this virus twice. I started to notice my fear last year after my little brother got it very bad. Ever since then I haven't been able to control it. I went to a therapist and honestly it just didn't help me. I have this thought planted in my head that if I do get sick, it would be around the middle of the night so I find myself not sleeping sometimes because of it. Can someone please help me. Please.

Default Re: Help! New to this site**

we are all here to help and support each other you are in the right place! I can relate to a lot of your problems like working yourself up and making yourself feel sick. i do that a lot. welcome to the site

You are not alone!!!
    I am the exact same way in a lot of the things you wrote. I can not be around anyone who even says they are going to get sick, I just freak, my heart races and I am so scared, it is an overwhelming fear unlike any other. I have been this way as far back as I can remember and I feel for you because this is such a hard thing to try and cope with. My Daughter has been exposed to ill friend's and I am going to lose sleep over it because I am also afraid I myself will wake up ill or one of my kids in the middle of the night, why is it always in the night????? I hate that and have never understood it. I now take anxiety medicine (as needed) it helps but not 100%, I hope you get some rest and stay healthy. It is a part of life being sick, but I wish it wasn't, nothing scares me more than V****. Alot of people I know make fun of me and say it is stupid, but hey that's just me and if I could change it I would~I would give ANYTHING to stop this fear.

Tell me about it! It's the worst feeling in the world! I appreciate the advice so so much.