Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: wow!

Default wow!

I have just read the article 'norovirus facts' in the information section of this site and I advise anyone who hasn't already to read it. I can not tell you how much better I feel now that I understand the facts properly about how it is spread and that it is actually quite difficult to catch if you are careful about hand washing! Also the bit about catching rotavirus from children! I have spent the last few days in a high state of panic as my parents have both had a bug (completely illogical as I haven't seen them for a week but you know how it is)! I didn't even visit my dad on his birthday on wednesday as I was so worried about catching it and passing it on to my kids. I was also trying to work out how to avoid seeing them over the weekend even though they are both better now. Now though, there is no need for me to avoid them any longer!! Also, one of my biggest fears is my kids catching something and bringing it home (particularly at this time of year) but I don't even feel so concerned about that after reading this article! I'm not saying I'm cured and I will still panic if my kids are unwell I'm sure but I feel a lot happier than I did! Please read it!!!

Default Re: wow!

i felt the same way when i found this forum and learned the real noro facts........for over 40 years i thought noro was airborne......so i was scared for months on end......didn't worry about washing my hands though....lol. i also thought the incubation period was 10 days to 2 weeks...so whenever someone i knew got sick i spent two weeks scared to death.......glad to have relaxed about all of that

i haven't become a big hand washer but i am more conscious about keeping my hands away from my face......amazing how a few little facts can make me feel sooooooo much better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

great isn't it?? I had heard that it wasn't airbourne but you hear so many conflicting stories that I didn't know what to believe until I saw written here in a factual way!

This morning my little boy suddenly started to feel sick in the car and while I still got the butterfly's in my stomach ect, I didn't completely freak out as I usually do and turns out it was travel sick as once we got home and he rested for a while and something to eat he was fine!

I`ve read about the 15 second rule on handwashing, & always count when I wash to make sure.